2010 International Heartland Owners Rally Discussion

netters1

Jim,

Mac & I will be coming in on July 13th and would like to be included in the dinner for that night.

Also, how will our sites be set with us coming in early?

I made the other reservations through KOA but they said that they could not give us a site number or give us a 50amp site.

I thought if we came early, our site would be set by KOA and we would not have to move...thanks...:D

kkamshop

That's what they told me too - I think we're scaring them just a little with so many full sized units. I'm sure it will all work out, sounds like the majority of sites are reserved for this rally.

jbeletti

Jim,

Mac & I will be coming in on July 13th and would like to be included in the dinner for that night.

Also, how will our sites be set with us coming in early?

I made the other reservations through KOA but they said that they could not give us a site number or give us a 50amp site.

I thought if we came early, our site would be set by KOA and we would not have to move...thanks...:D

Hi Lynette,

Your sites will be set by the KOA - so I cannot add any more to that. I suggest you call the KOA and ask for Jenn Stott. She is their events planner and is handling the rally.

Circle back here to let us know how you came out.

As soon as the details are "all set" on the Tuesday Night Early Arrivals Event, I'll send an email out to all registered attendees on what to do. You will likely go into your rally registration and check a box and select headcount from a drop-down. This way, it's all tracked and reportable through the registration site for me. I can also use a waitlist feature there.

This even will be capped at 29 couples as the room's serving capacity is 58.

Jim

Jim

jimtoo

Jim, Donna and I along with the Nichols will be arriving on the 12th now not the 14th. Do we just call KOA and tell them or go thru you?

You need to call KOA to make your pre rally reservations or after rally reservations. 800-562-7789 Be sure you tell them you are with the Heartland Rally to get the rally rates. Try and talk to Jenn.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
This is going to be a great rally! A group of nine of us will be arriving from the VA/MD/PA area together in a convoy on the 14th, probably around 2:00pm. Nice photo opportunity. We'll have a mix of Sundances, Big Country, Big Horn, and Cyclone as of right now. There's still room to join us by the way. We'll be meeting up at the Baileyton RV park in Baileyton, TN on the afternoon of the 13th. Email or PM me if you're interested:).

jbeletti

Jenn Stott from the KOA called me to clarify something for me so I could post it here to clarify for others.

In order to accommodate groups arriving together, that wish to be sited together, the KOA is "not", as a general rule, assigning specific sites to individuals who are calling with their early and late day reservations.

So, if you are arriving prior to Thursday and/or staying later than Sunday, do not expect to be assigned a specific site number until you arrive.

Also, as mentioned a here, on the registration site and in the terms you accept when you register, you most likely will "not" be getting a 50 amp site. They just don't have many, is the reason why. That said, each must decide for themselves, whether they can live without running 2 air conditioners. No one knows what the mid-July weather will be in Nashville this year, but if 2 ACs is an absolute requirement for you, please consider passing on this rally and join us in Goshen, Indiana in 2011. We'll have a larger block of 50 amp sites there. They'll go fast too - so Club Membership will be a strong recommendation then too.

Thanks everyone for understanding:
1. Why you may not be assigned a specific site until arrival and
2. Why you most likely will not have a 50 amp power site.

Jim

jbeletti

This is going to be a great rally! A group of nine of us will be arriving from the VA/MD/PA area together in a convoy on the 14th, probably around 2:00pm. Nice photo opportunity. We'll have a mix of Sundances, Big Country, Big Horn, and Cyclone as of right now. There's still room to join us by the way. We'll be meeting up at the Baileyton RV park in Baileyton, TN on the afternoon of the 13th. Email or PM me if you're interested:).

Gus,

Thank you for taking this and running with it for your Chapter and others within the region. You'll have an awesome convoy and be sited together at the KOA.

Jim

boatto5er

Gus,

Thank you for taking this and running with it for your Chapter and others within the region. You'll have an awesome convoy and be sited together at the KOA.

Jim

I'm just wondering at what size point I'll need to coordinate with the TN State Police:eek:. (Just kidding right now, but doing some serious wondering:confused:).

Riverman

You need to nominate one person from your group as the "Official Photographer". Im sure we would all love to see some Heartland Product Convoy shots.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Gus
I will need to go wash and make the old bighorn all shinny for this great photo op. For the convoy, are we going to use CB radio just like the good old days? I have my installed and ready, what channel are we going to use Big Daddy?

boatto5er

Gus
I will need to go wash and make the old bighorn all shinny for this great photo op. For the convoy, are we going to use CB radio just like the good old days? I have my installed and ready, what channel are we going to use Big Daddy?

Break 19!:rolleyes: CB's?:eek: I'm thinking handhelds. We normally use channel 7.03. Usually no other interference there. Range is kinda limited when you get into the hills between Knoxville and Nashville though:(! I've got a set with a 15 mile advertised range (yeah - right:mad:) that gets about 4 miles on flat areas, line of sight in the hills.

jbeletti

No sign-up yet. All registered attendees will get an email notice with a link in it to sign-up for that meal. I am pondering menus now and once I make a selection, the cost will be locked in. Then I can activate the agenda item on the rally registration site and direct folks to it for sign-up. It's 58 seats so it will go pretty fast.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Gus,

John and I will be there when you arrive and we would like to know your expected route so we can scope out an overpass or something to get some nice pics of the convoy. e-mail me what you know so we can look on the maps and google earth for possibilities. OK now back to work. Oh why bother there's only an hour left anyway.