2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpshemi

Be safe everyone.

Dave & Nona, it was great meeting you too. We'll stay in touch.
Just washed the roof of the 3612 last night. We'll take care of it for you! LOL.
Hey...ya never know right? Twofootitis may strike again. I mean 40' behind a megacab *IS* feeling a little short these days. Haha...

wdk450

I was across the street from Porthole outside in the MorRyde lot. The storm came up suddenly with very high winds blowing tree fragments all over the lot, on my rig, and into my truck bed. The good news was that when the winds died down, I could go outside and fire up my generator in my truck, and watched most of the Giants-Dodgers game before the genny ran out of fuel, where the other two couples sat in a dark, humid, shop building all night. The power came back for half of the MorRyde building this morning, but not out here in the lot. I refueled the genny and am watching satellite again while I check the computer messages. My disk brake upgrade is scheduled to start on Thursday, but I wonder if they can keep to schedule with the power outage. I don't hear any "working" garage noises across the street.

At least my rig got a good "wash" after the dust covering it got on "RailRoad" street on the Goshen Fairgrounds!!

I did send a personal e-mail thanks to the Belletti family for all of their hard work on the rally.

Follow-up: I moved to the Elkhart Campground this (tuesday) evening after surveying the power line damage on the camping spaces HV feed 6 blocks North to the main feeds on Indiana street. Lots of trees and limbs fell, saw individual house power drops severed for sure, and most likely the feeders too. Saw 1 electric company troubleshooter pickup as I drove away from MorRyde, no big power company trucks, so I don't think this will be fixed for a few days. The MorRyde lot is the end of the circuit.
Meanwhile, the thunderstorms are at it again tonight at this campground - My dish blew over this time, and didn't last (Monday @ MorRyde) night when the winds were estimated to be 60 MPH for a short time.

Last edited:

truknutt

Committed Member
Be safe everyone.

Dave & Nona, it was great meeting you too. We'll stay in touch.
Just washed the roof of the 3612 last night. We'll take care of it for you! LOL.
Hey...ya never know right? Twofootitis may strike again. I mean 40' behind a megacab *IS* feeling a little short these days. Haha...

"Twofootitis", I'll have to remember that one! Take good care of my baby!!

jimpav

Hate to hear you r in the middle of the storms in northern Indiana! Be safe.

Jack and I arrived home in Williamsburg VA without incident about 4 pm today after our 800 mile ride. Feeling a little let down and lonely after two great weeks at pre-rally and rally with our fellow HLers.

Hope tonight's weather treats you kindly in Goshen.
glad you made it home safely. going back to work yesterday was really hard!!! seems like ages ago we at the rally my thanks to all the organizers and volunteers.
I still think we were the only Eagle Ridge at the rally even though we were not mentioned.
catch all in 2015.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We made it home safe and sound.. I just wanted to thank Jim and his crew for another Great Rally!! We had a great time thanks again every body it was Grand!!

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Happy to report the Tardiff's made it back to Cody without incident. Thanks to Jim, his teams, and Heartland for an outstanding job.

We had a blast seeing old friends and making many new ones. Can't wait till next time!!!!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Made it home safely this afternoon at 4:00pm. Had to make an unscheduled visit to Mor/ryde yesterday morning as our trailer brakes did not work. Thank you Mor/ryde for quickly troubleshooting the problem and getting our brake controller back on its job. What a FIRST CLASS company and employees!
Big Thank You to Jim B. and his outstanding volunteer crew for putting on such a fabulous rally. We had a blast re-acquainting old friends and making new friends to boot. Our Heartland family continues to grow. Can't wait for 2014 at Bethpage so we can show-case our Virginia Commonwealth. Rally-on everyone, I feel the need for another rallyholic meeting.:rolleyes:

Niles

I forgot to tell part of the story when our tire blew, a transport driver pulling a Big Country stopped and wanted to know if we needed help. She asked if we had just left the rally and said if we needed her to, she would call someone at Heartland to come help. We just thought that was great, that even the people who transport Heartlands are wonderful to have around. We wish we would of got her name, but at the time I was just trying to get back on the road. We hope maybe she'll read this though. We want to send a great big thank you to her.

porthole

Retired
Left MOR/ryde around 1:30, stopped at a construction zone rest stop (formerly known as the Ohio Turnpike) around 8PM, early start tomorrow for home.

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hcriddle

Drive safe Duane. We got home around 7:30 Monday night. Hated going back to work on Tuesday. Been nonstop since I got back. See you guys in Virginia!

Last edited:

olcoon

We finally left the fairgrounds this morning & are currently at Dillion State Park in Ohio. DW wants to tour the Longaberger factory in Frazeysburg, OH. While eating supper we could see a North Country in another campsite. When we got done, we were going to tour the campground, but didn't get a chance, as the owners of the North Country were walking by & we got to talking. They didn't know anything about the Forum or HOC! As a matter of fact their dealer had told them that Heartland was no longer in business!!! We told them about just leaving the national rally, and that Heartland is still going strong. We also talked about the forum & the rallys, & I kind of think they'll be joining soon! While we were talking we also mentioned Munzee hunting, & they will also being doing that soon. I even deployed one & Sally capped it so they could see how it's done.

jbeletti

We finally left the fairgrounds this morning & are currently at Dillion State Park in Ohio. DW wants to tour the Longaberger factory in Frazeysburg, OH. While eating supper we could see a North Country in another campsite. When we got done, we were going to tour the campground, but didn't get a chance, as the owners of the North Country were walking by & we got to talking. They didn't know anything about the Forum or HOC! As a matter of fact their dealer had told them that Heartland was no longer in business!!! We told them about just leaving the national rally, and that Heartland is still going strong. We also talked about the forum & the rallys, & I kind of think they'll be joining soon! While we were talking we also mentioned Munzee hunting, & they will also being doing that soon. I even deployed one & Sally capped it so they could see how it's done.

Like!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, maybe you need to develop an app for "capturing" HOC members, kinda like Munzee hunting? Wouldn't the club grow like crazy then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
<p>
Made it home safely this afternoon at 4:00pm. Had to make an unscheduled visit to Mor/ryde yesterday morning as our trailer brakes did not work. Thank you Mor/ryde for quickly troubleshooting the problem and getting our brake controller back on its job. What a FIRST CLASS company and employees! Big Thank You to Jim B. and his outstanding volunteer crew for putting on such a fabulous rally. We had a blast re-acquainting old friends and making new friends to boot. Our Heartland family continues to grow. Can't wait for 2014 at Bethpage so we can show-case our Virginia Commonwealth. Rally-on everyone, I feel the need for another rallyholic meeting.:rolleyes:
Eric & Dorothy, Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. Boy what a great rally and fun time!! We are in Bentonville, AR visiting my youngest daughter and 5 granddaughters. Got here Monday afternooon, then on Tuesday, my oldest daughter and her youngest son flew in from Phoenix. So I've got two daughters and 6 grandchildren around us right now. WOW!! Fantastic!! Seems like everyone on Facebook especially Carol knew my daughter and grandson were going to be here. They all kept it a surprise! When we got into the campground there was a Big Country here that was returning from Goshen. They stayed here one night to "prep" their trailer for storage for a while.</p>

Last edited:

GETnBYE

Thanks to Jim B. and everyone that pitched in to help for a great rally.
Also want to send thanks out to the service crew, who as always work so hard and with a helpful attitude.
So glad to see friends and make even more new friends. Wish we had more time to come early and see more of the beautiful country in the area. Big fun, can't wait till next time.
:)BTW, the golf cart welcome crew will have new decorations next time so be looking to them and feel free to join the Heartland welcome wagon train!!:)

porthole

Retired
Forgot to add, when we pulled into the Construction zone campsite there was an Elkridge already parked there.

Didn't get to talk to them though, They went inside just after we pulled up and never came back out.
Went to bed at 11 and when I woke up there was a SOB toy hauler parked next to us, never herd them come in.
Wish they had thought of 5th wheels when designing the rest stop RV spots.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372460526.241276.jpg

Duane

porthole

Retired
We got home at 3pm thursday, cut the 2+week long grass, wicked allergy attack for that effort and back at work today. Much prefer Goshen.

I would advise all to check their tires. We picked up another screw in the truck tire and a metal object that looked like the end of a horse hypodermic needle in a trailer tire.

If you walked around enough with your head down you would have found dozens of screws. Just around our site Buddy and I picked up about 2 dozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.