2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

...I have one request for the next Goshen Rally in 2015, if possible we would like to see some sort of dust suppression chemical applied to Ring Road, or Railroad as we called it. (RR)
All these dirt roads should be treated with some sort of dust suppression application.
Those of us on this road had to suffer through so very much dust everyday, it was unbelievable.
It was much easier dealing with the trains.
My thanks to Kevin for getting water applied to the road after we complained, but that only last for a hours...

Marlene and Gary,

We hear you! I have addressed this with the venue and we are making notes to make improvements on this for when we return in 2015. Thank you for bearing with us on it. We did NOT think about this in advance. Now we know.

Niles

Like so many others, THANK YOU Jim and all the others involved with such a wonderful rally. It really is the best of the best. We had a little fu-fa on the way home though, didn't go 50 mile and blew a tire. lucky just the side skirt gone and one tire. Big foot to the rescue, 1/2 hour later on the road to home again. Always a adventure!!!!

jbeletti

Hi everyone,

Wow - thank you for all the rally feedback. I am pleased that most everyone had a fabulous time. Julie and I worked hard to plan a great rally and pre-rally and with the help of a good many amazing volunteers who executed their roles very well - we pulled off one for the ages, I believe.

Thank you Julie, thank you volunteers and thank you rally attendees! See you all down the road :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If we never drag our rig anywhere else but to the Goshen Rally, it's worth it. We also had a great time and met some new friends. Even the wife is mulling the possibility of making the 2014 National Rally in VA. Gotta work out the logistics. Truly a monumental effort pulled off with nary a hitch (that we could see).

porthole

Retired
Dirt roads and dust.
Coming back from the Bison lunch tour we took a roundabout way. This included a couple of roads like "Railroad Lane".

I noticed that whenever we approached a house or other building near the road that the color of the dirt-gravel was slightly different, it was darker. It was obvious by the dust cloud behind us that these sections of road were treated differently. It wasn't water (not wet or damp) and it wasn't oil (old method).

So I guess the technology is there, just has to be "applied".

truknutt

Committed Member
UPDATE: Our "White Buffalo" is alive and running again.
As I suspected, the remote starter's digital by-pass module puked and left me stranded. So the corroded TIPM (totally integrated power module) the dealer found isn't really at fault, however, will eventually need replaced at some point down the road in order to prevent other issues. Looks like it dodged (no pun intended) a bullet.

Kate & Dean, It was nice to meet the both of you Saturday evening. Glad to hear all is well with the truck again and we hope to see you at the next rally. Take care of that 3612!! Dave & Nona

Kbvols

This was our first National Rally and what a great time!! I really appreciate all the work Jim and his team did. Everything was flawless check in, meals, tours, seminars ...outstanding job!! I also have to appreciate Larry (southernnights) who helped me non- stop for hours helping figure out my electrical issue ...what a great individual !!!

Some of the dust issues certainly could have been curtailed with some respectable speeds of some drivers...thought I was in Indy at times not Goooshen...

thibideau

A big THANKS to Jim B and his gang for organizing a great rally. We had a wonderful week and are looking forward to next year in Virginia

olcoon

Well, for us that have stayed, we are having another storm. About 10 of us went out to eat tonight & by the time we got back the storm was here. Before I could get my flagpole down, it went flying & got busted. Not sure if anyone else had any problems, but before it's over, we may be hitting the storm shelter. Possible large hail & 70 MPH winds. The "fun" continues!

porthole

Retired
Well that was fun!
We are stuck in MOR/ryde building, rocking AND rolling.

2 other HL'rs here too.
No power either.

neilandnanci

We just got over to Elkhart Campground after a full day at Lippert. We were fortunate enough to have someone running around telling everyone about the storm. So far we have just had moderate winds, medium rain, no hail yet, some lightening and thunder. It is now 9:18pm Here's praying all is ok with everyone. Stay safe.

JJnVA

Hate to hear you r in the middle of the storms in northern Indiana! Be safe.

Jack and I arrived home in Williamsburg VA without incident about 4 pm today after our 800 mile ride. Feeling a little let down and lonely after two great weeks at pre-rally and rally with our fellow HLers.

Hope tonight's weather treats you kindly in Goshen.

olcoon

It looks like we missed the worst of it...at least so far. Things have quieted down, just sprinkles now. As far as I know, the only damage was our flag pole, & Terry H. lost his awning.

Vtxkid

Duane, guessing you couldn't run your genny since you are in the building? Those conditions had to give a rough night of sleeping!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

porthole

Retired
We have two of the Fantastic 12 volt fans. And before this trip I added 12 volt outlets several key areas around the camper.

So if wasn't too bad.

But that annoying building alarm at 1:30 am. That had me and another camper here doing a door check and ready to call the Elkhart PD. the alarm was a trouble alarm due to the power failure.

Last edited:

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
just want to say thanks to jim for doing a great job and we had a blast as usual. met some friends we had not seen in awhile and made some new ones....canadian and american. looking forward to going to virginia next year! sorry to hear a few who stayed came into some bad weather. hope all is well and no major damage was done.

Bighorn55

Spent night in great lakes rv repair lot waiting for work to b finished this morning. Definitely had some high winds that was rocking the camper pretty good...power flashed off but luckily came right back on. Hope everyone stays safe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.