2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Posz

We may have what you need if you have a small dog. We have some Heartgard plus (by Merial) for dogs up to 25 pounds. I'll toss it in the camper tonight and have it at the rally tomorrow when we arrive late afternoon. If you haven't found another solution by then look me up at SO257. Jim Posz
Not sure if anyone can help, but.... We left home and forgot to bring our dogs monthly dose of Heartguard. (heartworm prevention med) If anyone has an extra dose that we could purchase, we would really appreciate it. We will be at the rally tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday) and will be in site so262. Or you could e-mail us at invizatu@hotmail.com or pm us. Sara says THANKS!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, we made it to Goshen about 5:00, got shoehorned into our site, and went for provisions. For some reason, I had an intermittent problem with my brake controller. Got the "SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM" warning on the DIC and had no trailer brakes. No output showing on the display. Then it started working again after a stop and restart at a rest area. Had to use the manual downshift to avoid burning up the truck brakes. Heading to the local GMC dealer in the morning to get it checked out. Near as I can tell, the fuses are OK.

Bighorn55

It has happened to me. I cleaned the connection between the truck and plug and all was right again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JohnDar

It has happened to me. I cleaned the connection between the truck and plug and all was right again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I went by the dealer but without an appointment I wasn't getting in anytime soon. So I picked up a can of electrical contact cleaner and will give it a shot. Worse case, I'll pick up an anchor and some hawser rope for emergency stopping.

Rodbuster

On Monday we had our first golf outing. I think we had 15 golfers show up for the first hole, and I'm pretty sure we had 15 golfers finish on the 18th hole. The weather was great and the Black Squirrel golf course was beautiful. The fairways were in great shape, the greens were large and also in great shape. The "rough", (which some of us saw more of than others) was fair and in good shape.

I was in a great foursome with 3 fun guys. I played with Lin, Ken and Dick H. Lin hit a good ball and many of his approach shots to the green were like he was throwing darts. I was glad to see Ken's game improve significantly from the last time we played when he was still recuperating from some pretty serious surgery. He shot a very respectable score and would have shot even better if he could have gotten the ball to the hole on the green. I'd say he left about 6 or 7 putts short by less than 6 inches. Right on line, but short....the 3 of us agreed that he was putting like a "girl". Now we have Dick Hill. I was fortunate enough to ride with Dick so I feel that I'm the most qualified to critique his play. Dick took the time to show me the many finer aspects of golf. Whether it be hitting out of a tree grove, or where to drop your ball after hitting it into the water, he showed me how to hit the ball out of the rough....I was having problems with that one so on one hole Dick hit the ball at least 3 times and advanced it 10 or 12 feet further in the rough each time just to show me his "technique". On one hole he sacrificed one of his balls to show us the potential dangers of hitting a ball out of bounds and onto a public road with two way traffic. I can't say enough about this man. He is trully a "shotmaker". As for myself. I took advantage of the whole course. On the first hole my tee shot sliced into the water....thank God for "mulligans". Besides that, I visited the "out of bounds" and saw my share of the rough. I had a great time.

Wednesday's match will be special. Nathan and I will competing for the right to be "Holder Of The Pink Ball" until the Tennessee Rally in September. He's well aware of the fact that I don't want to give it up.

A special thanks to Tom. Tom did a wonderful job organizing these golf outings. Selecting the course, setting up the tee times getting the players together, the many phone calls, etc. etc. Thank you very much Tom.

Dick

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Lost clip-on sunglasses at Goshen!

If anyone saw us (Erika & Tony) riding bikes about 8pm or so Monday night, I may have lost my sunglasses during the ride. If you happen upon them, please let me know, Thanks! They're not expensive, but much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Speaking of lost sunglasses, if any of the folks that packed the goodie bags at the check-in trailer are missing a pair of sunglasses, they were in our bag. With my trifocals I'd be smacking into walls, women, and telephone poles if I wore them. Contact Site SO-222 if you lost them.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Re: 2013 North American Rally

Found a pair of glasses (maybe prescription lenses) in NW section on the road along the fence of the park. We are in NW457.

gpshemi

Well we were suppose to come in tonight. Went to put diesel in the truck last night at 9pm, and on the way the doors started locking & lights flashing while driving. I knew something was odd, so I pulled onto a secondary and shut it off to see if a restart would make any difference. It did alright...it wouldn't start after that. Gave mea code P0513 for a bad skim key. I moved some wires under the dash for the remote start and the locks strarted locking again while parked there. Had to have it towed to a dealer a half mile away at midnight. Did I mention I get up for work at 5:30am? Gonna be a loooong day.

Not sure what to do now. Dealership said they can't get to it till tomorrow. Remote installer is on vacation in California till tomorrow. Maybe a hotel and just come down for Saturday? IDK...fade back tens yards and punt I guess. So depressed about it all.

happykraut

Found one ear ring. Gold in color. Shaped a little bit like a horse shoe. I'm in NW414.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Breakfast Buritto Recipe

Some of you wanted my Breakfast Burrito...

Here is the link to it in the Recipe forum
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/39825-Breakfast-Burrito-Recipe?p=311871#post311871

Enjoy

BC

donr827

Re: Breakfast Buritto Recipe

Ok all of you lucky campers. Please post some pictures for us who could not make it.
Don

davebennington

The service crew was here bright and early to begin the repairs to our rigs. These guys and gals really work hard to fix the various problems.

IMG_2210.jpg Some of the leisure time activities included quilting IMG_2249.jpg IMG_2254.jpg

Nancy Beletti had a presentation on Mary Kay Cosmetics IMG_2266.jpg

Jim Beletti and Mark comer Pull table numbers. IMG_2343.jpg

Dave Tardiff (Cody Carver) hosted a taco dinner. IMG_2274.jpg

TXTiger

Found a pair of glasses (maybe prescription lenses) in NW section on the road along the fence of the park. We are in NW457.
The glasses may belong to Erica our newsletter editor. She lost a pair of prescription sun glasses a few days ago.

jjwink

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - Micro/convection seminar

Great seminar today. Janet Sadlack does similar seminars at RV rally's. Her web site is www.microwaveconnect.com. She also has two very good micro/convection cookbook with lots of good tips.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

The glasses may belong to Erica our newsletter editor. She lost a pair of prescription sun glasses a few days ago.

Nope, not mine. Mine are clip-on, non-prescription. Anyway, I have replaced them already! Gotta have my shades!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niles

Just had our carpet cleaned today, he did a great job, would do it again. Just can't say enough good things about Josh. Thanks, didn't know just how dirty DW was.

ncc1701e

Really a good rally, great friends and some new ones. Just a few pics for those not here. Half the fun of any rally sometimes is just getting there. A few of us met up and caravanned together. Jun 15 2013 Caravan A.jpg Jun 15 2013 Caravan.jpg

Mr. Dick Bernard gets to take the Pink Ball Back to Florida, sorry Nathan. 2013 Dick Benard - Pink Pall Winner.jpg Members of the TN-KY Chapter gather on Wednesday night for what we as Heathland members do best, chat and EAT. 2013 TN-KY Natl Rally Members A.jpg 2013 Natl Rally TN-KY Cookout C.jpg 2013 TN-KY Leader Byrd Mathis.jpg Walking around the fairgrounds there are Heathland coaches of all types and styles. 2013 Natl Rally Upper Area.jpg 2013 Natl Rally Upper Area B.jpg 2013 Natl Rally Upper Area A.jpg And of course, there were us poor folks out in the infield. 2013 Natl Rally Infield B.jpg 2013 Natl Rally Infield A.jpg

Last edited:

GETnBYE

Blogger Class at 2013 Goshen Rally

Kelly (2peasnapod1) teaching the Blogging class at the rally. Thank you Kelly! Great Job.
Photo to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.