2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdk450

Miller's Amish Dinner

Yum yum!

Besides being delicious (the fried chicken, chicken gravy, and strawberry covered sponge cake were my favorites), after everyone had eaten enough of the "first round" the family came back with loaded carts of the same foods for "seconds". Most of us just used these brimming bowls of food as a post eating "pass-the-food" exercise.
I also bought a "bag stuffer" so I no longer have to look at bags within a Walmart bag in my rig. $5, very reasonable.

Somebody has to post about the "scream boxes".

Niles

There's a speedway just north of Wal-mart on 33 that has diesel and big bays to pull in with the whole rig. Not sure if you have a truck with diesel or gas, the speedway is not as rig friendly for gas.

jjwink

Food and fellowship were super. They also had their cookbooks and delicious preserves for sale. Can't wait to try the strawberry, raspberry rhubarb and elderberry when we get home.

wdk450

I just filled up with Diesel at the local Kroger store - Big enough bays for a full rig, price $3.83/gal.

wdk450

Gang:
We have our last free pre-rally day tomorrow, Monday. If you are "Amished-Out", might I suggest a visit to nearby South Bend (30 miles)? They have Tours of Notre Dame, the campus and Stadium. They have the football collegiate hall of fame, also. I just drove through the area last Thursday, and ended up at the combined history museum/turn-of-the-century mansion/and the Studebaker Museum. In the Studebaker museum they have lots of immaculately restored cars, trucks and horse drawn wagons and carriages. Also aircraft engines and military vehicles they produced during WWII. The most historic thing I saw there was the actual carriage Abraham Lincoln rode to Ford's Theater before he was assassinated.
Here is a link:http://www.visitsouthbend.com/things-to-do/attractions

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Not sure if anyone can help, but.... We left home and forgot to bring our dogs monthly dose of Heartguard. (heartworm prevention med) If anyone has an extra dose that we could purchase, we would really appreciate it. We will be at the rally tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday) and will be in site so262. Or you could e-mail us at invizatu@hotmail.com or pm us. Sara says THANKS!

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
We're on our way! Better late than not at all (which was a real possibility). Not sure who to tell that we're a scratch for tonight (Monday), but we didn't get away from the Cleveland Clinic until 5:45p. Nothing like driving past Progressive Field at 6p on the night of an Indians game with a 37' fiver. Stopped for dinner along the Ohio Turnpike, should get into Goshen fairly early (for us) tomorrow (Tuesday).

jayc

Legendary Member
Bob, I'm gonna go out and Munzee all night so I can stay ahead of you! Glad y'all are coming.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Not sure if anyone can help, but.... We left home and forgot to bring our dogs monthly dose of Heartguard. (heartworm prevention med) If anyone has an extra dose that we could purchase, we would really appreciate it. We will be at the rally tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday) and will be in site so262. Or you could e-mail us at invizatu@hotmail.com or pm us. Sara says THANKS!

Just go to a local Vet and they will call your vet and you can get some from the local vet. We have had to do that before. It was not a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Just go to a local Vet and they will call your vet and you can get some from the local vet. We have had to do that before. It was not a problem.

Stopped at a vet today and would not sell unless"They" did an exam.
Maybe we will try another vet tomorrow when we get to Goshen.
Thanks

wdk450

Stopped at a vet today and would not sell unless"They" did an exam.
Maybe we will try another vet tomorrow when we get to Goshen.
Thanks

Maybe if you call your home Vet, they can send an prescription as an e-mail attachment. Doesn't WalMart pharmacy advertise that they sell all of the major vet prescriptions?

wdk450

Regarding the Carpet Cleaning Service here at the Goshen Rally: About 2 years ago, I went to a rally in Sparks, Nevada where the temperatures were going to be in the 100 degree range over 4th of July. I brought along some sugar-free syrups in 250 ml bottles (wine sized) and ice to make icees. The bottle of red strawberry syrup got broken during the trip. Nothing I found at the market would touch the 8 inch diameter red dye #2 stain left on the carpet. Fast forward 2 years to this afternoon when Josh Stark of Tyson's Carpet Cleaning arrived at my rig to do my carpet cleaning. The finished result is that the carpet is immaculate, and you wouldn't know where the red dye stain was unless I pointed it out to you. Their service was terrific!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.