2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - Documents Updated

Good Saturday morning!

Yesterday was another busy one for all the teams.

Julie (clubmgr) and Dave completed all the tickets. Dave (cookie) and his team completed stuffing the rally bags. Kevin and his team began marking out a ton of sites. Terry H and I ran errands all over Elkhart County.

We are getting close to being ready for the pre-rally :)

Kevin's team will continue to work on sites. Terry, Dan (danemayer) and I will likely work on some Tech stuff.

Last night, a few different groups went out to area restaurants. Some went to Columbo's. I went with a group going to LuxCafe.

Thank you to the rally core team of volunteers, other volunteers who are pre-pre-rally arrivals both here in Goshen and in Elkhart. You know who you are and you're all amazing!

The good times continue to roll!

elwaller39

Evans & Lana

I sure hope cookie got my bag packed right.LOL Hope to see everyone next week. It is fair time now. Will be helping my grandson show his livestock.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Re: 2013 North American Rally

Great Lakes/Capital RV in Elkhart.

Not sure about your return button - Windows 8 anomaly? Perhaps you have two ENTER buttons. Try the other one to get a new line. Also might try Alt-Enter or CTRL-Enter.

Thanks Danemayer. I've tried both of my enter buttons, but neither works. Problem is, this is only in the Forum. I have no problems any place else. Keith

jbeletti

Today is Sunday. Another productive day here yesterday by the rally core team.

Dave and Kevin's teams got all the rally bags loaded into the check-in trailer (a Big Country loaned to us by Great Lakes RV), then got the trailer moved into position.

Kevin's team spent the day marking out sites.

I ran a few more errands around town, then late in the afternoon, had a meeting with co-wagonmaster Terry H. Dan M and Julie happened to stop by and joined in the meeting too. Terry and I did a complete end-to-end walk through of the pre-rally and rally, making sure we had all bases covered. We each came away with a page of action items.

A couple more coaches rolled in yesterday. A large group went out for Chinese food last night. We stayed in and had left-overs.

Also, Bubba made an appearance. He was looking for Charlene. We took him around the DRV rally so he could meet the folks. He didn't find Charlene. I think he was happy about that. If you haven't heard about or met Bubba - you will! :)

danemayer

Thanks Danemayer. I've tried both of my enter buttons, but neither works. Problem is, this is only in the Forum. I have no problems any place else. Keith
klindgren,

Here's a link to another thread on this subject.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

Today is Sunday. Another productive day here yesterday by the rally core team.

Dave and Kevin's teams got all the rally bags loaded into the check-in trailer (a Big Country loaned to us by Great Lakes RV), then got the trailer moved into position.

Kevin's team spent the day marking out sites.

I ran a few more errands around town, then late in the afternoon, had a meeting with co-wagonmaster Terry H. Dan M and Julie happened to stop by and joined in the meeting too. Terry and I did a complete end-to-end walk through of the pre-rally and rally, making sure we had all bases covered. We each came away with a page of action items.

A couple more coaches rolled in yesterday. A large group went out for Chinese food last night. We stayed in and had left-overs.

Also, Bubba made an appearance. He was looking for Charlene. We took him around the DRV rally so he could meet the folks. He didn't find Charlene. I think he was happy about that. If you haven't heard about or met Bubba - you will! :)

Thankfully, Bubba's not camera shy! View attachment 24747

klindgren

klindgren,

Here's a link to another thread on this subject.

Thanks. My Chrome button is right next to ie on my desktop. After reading the information you gave me, I think I'm gonna start hitting the Chrome button instead of ie.

klindgren

Thanks. My Chrome button is right next to ie on my desktop. After reading the information you gave me, I think I'm gonna start hitting the Chrome button instead of ie.
OK
I'm now on Chrome and most certainly have the "enter" button back again. Thanks danemayer for the suggestion
It works

Mr.D

Re: Packets for Rally attendees?

I may have missed this one.............but will there be WIFI available at the Rally??????

jbeletti

Re: Packets for Rally attendees?

I may have missed this one.............but will there be WIFI available at the Rally??????

Yes, there is WiFi. About as good as any campground. Sometimes good, sometimes not so much. Do not rely on it as your sole source of Internet if you MUST have Internet.

TXTiger

I made it. I am in Goshen. Arrived a couple days early but I am here. Looking forward to meeting everyone new and saying hello to everyone I have met in the past.

neilandnanci

Tony, we are here too but are over in the Elkhart Campground. There are several of us over here. We are going over there on Tues.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

I made it. I am in Goshen. Arrived a couple days early but I am here. Looking forward to meeting everyone new and saying hello to everyone I have met in the past.

Leaving Friday. See you on Sunday.

olcoon

Dave,
I don't know if that bottle of Single Barrel will last until you get here! Can you shave a couple of days off that? Maybe I can mix in some Early Times to make it last?

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

It is with VERY mixed emotions that Kem and I have to cancel our Goshen trip......the first emotion is sadness because we will miss all of our "old" friends AND the new ones we were destined to meet!! The 2nd is regret at missing the "experience". The 3rd, the reason we cannot go, is joy......we listed our home, had over 40 showings in 4 weeks and it sold.....closing is the 28th and packing has just overwhelmed us with the short amount of time.

We will be thinking and missing ALL of you (even Larry & Randy) as you enjoy what will be an AWESOME week!! We WILL see lots of you at the upcoming TN, GA and NC rally's.

Have LOADS of fun and be safe!

We LOVE our Heartland family!!!!!!!

Lance & Kem

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Well darn Lance we are sure gonna miss Kem.
I don't doubt you are feeling overwelmed. You guys have had a lot going on this year.

See you in October.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lance, congrats on the sale! You should do a video before closing so you can blow it up. Sorry we'll miss you in Goshen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.