2013 North trai l26LRSS Where are the slide bulb seals that are supposed to be there????

firstone

Brochure and web page makes a point to tell you about the two wiper seals and inner and outer bulb seals. I have no inner bulb seals just two wipper seals. The outside bulb seals are out of place and need to be moved so the slide does not close dead center on them leaving half the seal under the slide edge and half outside the slide edge.

One of the weper seals came with two holes in it that I am going to fix with some 3m glue I bought.

But where are the inner bulb seals? Isn't it supposed to have them????????? Is there a major leak in my future when the slide is out?

I see my self have to do a lot of work here. Taking the RV to a dealer cost me over $100.00 in gas due to the distance so easyer to buy the parts, I just need to know if and why they are missing?????

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 2013 North trail26LRSS Where are the slide bulb seals that are supposed to be there????

Mike, I would give Heartland Customer Service a call and ask about that, explaining the brochure and web site information.
Your unit is a 2013, so if the bulb should be there and it's not, it should be a warranty item.
Have your VIN handy. They may ask for pictures.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Re: 2013 North trail26LRSS Where are the slide bulb seals that are supposed to be there????

The bulb seals are one on the outside of the unit around the slide so it seals when retracted. The other bulb seal is inside the unit around behind the fascia so that when the slide is extended the fascia seals against the wall. So you have an inner and outer bulb seal. Why the wiper would have holes I don't know, but the wiper is just to help remove any water or debris on the top of the slide when it is being retracted.

That is my take on the way the slides seal.

Jim M

firstone

Thank for the reply Jim but there are zero bulb seals on the inside like the brochure and wen sight point out. They are just not there. I will call heartland in the morning.

My bet that the wiper seals were damaged during slide out install.

The bulb seals are one on the outside of the unit around the slide so it seals when retracted. The other bulb seal is inside the unit around behind the fascia so that when the slide is extended the fascia seals against the wall. So you have an inner and outer bulb seal. Why the wiper would have holes I don't know, but the wiper is just to help remove any water or debris on the top of the slide when it is being retracted.

That is my take on the way the slides seal.

Jim M