2014 33tbud cook top is slippery?

Hello, we are new to the TT world and we are embarking on our 2nd trip this weekend. The kitchen in our North Trail is laid out impeccably welland is very easy to navigate. The only problem that I have faced is that the cooktop is EXTREMEY slippery. So much so that my skillets slid right off the grates. Anyone having this problem?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have never heard of that.
Is your trailer level?
Probably after some use the grates and pans will get some wear and not be as slippery.

Peace
Dave

After I posted this I knew someone was going to ask me if it was level. It is level. You can barely apply any pressure to a skillet, etc. on the stove top and it will slide right off. We'll give it a few more uses and see where we are. Thanks so much.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I too am wondering about this. I have never heard of anyone having this complaint. The burners on our stove at home are slippery and if you bump one, it will move to a point. How big of skillets are you using?? I don't think you can stir scrambled eggs if you are not holding the handle.

I am using a traditional 10-inch skillet. Maybe it just needs to burn off after a few more uses. I am an avid culinary chef and know my way around a gas range, it just might be one of the few quirks of the rv lifestyle that I haven't embraced fully. Completely stabilized and leveled, if I have a skillet, sauce pan or stock pot on the burner and someone starts up the stairs, there it starts to slide. Our unit sat on the lot for almost a year and we have a long punchlist so I will just add this and see what’s going on. Maybe this weekend once we are leveled andcompletely set up, I’ll place a level on the cook top. Maybe it was installed incorrectly. Thanks for the replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am using a traditional 10-inch skillet. Maybe it just needs to burn off after a few more uses. I am an avid culinary chef and know my way around a gas range, it just might be one of the few quirks of the rv lifestyle that I haven't embraced fully. Completely stabilized and leveled, if I have a skillet, sauce pan or stock pot on the burner and someone starts up the stairs, there it starts to slide. Our unit sat on the lot for almost a year and we have a long punchlist so I will just add this and see what’s going on.Maybe this weekend once we are leveled andcompletely set up, I’ll place a level on the cook top.Maybe it was installed incorrectly.Thanks for the replies.

Jaimie, maybe someone got some spray-lube or silicone on the grate? Maybe they can just swap the grate for you. It might be good to take a video to show what happens, as well, so you can explain to the dealer exactly the circumstances and how dangerous it is.

Erika