2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

porthole

Retired
Re: 2015 Goshen Rally - Tour Tickets Still Available

In the past there has been a post on here with a link to a form to fill out & email to the main man (Dave Yoakum). He sorts through them and talks to the service guys @ Heartland, and if it's approved you should get an email back.

Not sure if it was coincidence or what, but just happened to receive an email from Dave Yoakum today! My repairs were approved! YEA! Thanks!

When was the link posted?

The notification was supposed to be changed this year to include both approval, denials, more info etc. Last Goshen rally my request was apparently never received, and since only approved notices were going out you didn't know if your's was received or not approved.

FredJoanne

Can anyone tell me or give me the link on getting our carpet's cleaned at the Rally? Thanks!

jbeletti

When was the link posted?

The notification was supposed to be changed this year to include both approval, denials, more info etc. Last Goshen rally my request was apparently never received, and since only approved notices were going out you didn't know if your's was received or not approved.

Duane - the Minor Service Work Request Form link was included in the rally registration confirmation email. Here's a link to the Minor Service Work rally portal article. It includes a link to the form.

Dave Yocum is coordinating all the requests and is liaising with Heartland. Dave is contacting everyone back to confirm what was approved by Heartland and what was not and is working with attendees who got something denied, to get something else taken care of instead.

jbeletti

Can anyone tell me or give me the link on getting our carpet's cleaned at the Rally? Thanks!

Fred and Joanne - thanks for the nudge :)

Here's a link to all you'll need to know to about the Carpet Cleaning Service.

I'll work on the Rig Washing info soon!

porthole

Retired

Duane - the Minor Service Work Request Form link was included in the rally registration confirmation email. Here's a link to the Minor Service Work rally portal article. It includes a link to the form.

Dave Yocum is coordinating all the requests and is liaising with Heartland. Dave is contacting everyone back to confirm what was approved by Heartland and what was not and is working with attendees who got something denied, to get something else taken care of instead.

Fred and Joanne - thanks for the nudge :)

Here's a link to all you'll need to know to about the Carpet Cleaning Service.

I'll work on the Rig Washing info soon!

Don't know how I missed these links - guess I'll have to go digging to see what else I missed. Must have still been in too much pain back on registration day :cool:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Hey anyone up for pickleball during the rally? We have a net and balls.

GETnBYE

Hey anyone up for pickleball during the rally? We have a net and balls.
The coopers will play. Will there be a court there? We can line it off with tape.

Nabo

No court but maybe in the parking lot near the entrance into the infield of the horse track. It's paved there and didn't have a lot of traffic in that area the last couple of rallies. Would be fun. I have a couple of paddles as well.

Nabo

A cross between badminton, tennis and ping pong. Played on one half of a tennis court (but we will have to make one). Easier to play for us old folks than tennis.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Not to sure about Debbie and I have never done the pickle ball thing but I'm game. Of course golf will also have to be in there somewhere, too

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Count me in. Maybe golf too....

Rodbuster

A cross between badminton, tennis and ping pong. Played on one half of a tennis court (but we will have to make one). Easier to play for us old folks than tennis.

Hmmm, "Easier to play for us old folks".
Not sure, but I think Nathan has been playing "pickleball" for about 30 years.

Mrsfish

Count husband Rick in. he's only been playing about a year so he'll help balance the guy with 30 under his belt.

GETnBYE

Lots of concrete around the park and we could also find a local park if we get enough interest to get several games going
I have one extra paddle that we found at our famous unclaimed baggage, as seen on Oprah and good morning America. Got it for 4 bucks cause they don't know pickleball. Ha I will do some web searches.
No court but maybe in the parking lot near the entrance into the infield of the horse track. It's paved there and didn't have a lot of traffic in that area the last couple of rallies. Would be fun. I have a couple of paddles as well.

porthole

Retired

Costco has badminton sets - may have to pick up a kit next trip over. Anyone game for that low impact sport?
There are plenty of empty fields around the camp. Some nicely shaded fields over near the northwest section as well.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

Costco has badminton sets - may have to pick up a kit next trip over. Anyone game for that low impact sport?
There are plenty of empty fields around the camp. Some nicely shaded fields over near the northwest section as well.

Count me in haven't played since a kid boy that was awhile ago LOL