2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

jbeletti

Well while you are working Jim we have had a mini pre pre rally of our own here at Tom Sawyer in W Memphis AR. It is us, the Mangums, the Barnett's and the Talley's in attendance along with an unknown N Trail, Torque and Classic Landmark. Other than the bad storm that just blew through I think we will be in great shape for the rally Tuesday as we still have all weekend to practice on the way to Goshen. Btw Jim how much could I make by auctioning off the special bottle I have with me? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw your post on FB Andy. Way to save a neighbor's flag pole :) Been reading Kelly and Val's posts about Memphis on FB. We enjoy visiting there. Can't wait to visit the new Bass Pro Shop.

Speaking of you rmini-pre-pre-rally there at Tom Sawyer, Bob Curry and the Madisons are at Elkhart Campground, I'm here in Goshen with 5 other couples and there are at least 5 couples at Shipshewana South campground. Lot's of mini-pre-rallies going on :)

WRT the "special bottle" - no auctions! I already have to split it with Cookie I think :)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
WRT the "special bottle" - no auctions! I already have to split it with Cookie I think :)

Lol if yall would have called earlier in the day I could have grabbed as many of them as you wanted. Lol. I left my house at 8:30 this am and went north so I didn't even pass by the distillery. Sorry guys.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Re: Camp fire, Site questions

David - there usually are some picnic tables at some sites in the NW section. Never seen any, anywhere else.

There are no fire rings / pits. Only above-ground, self-contained fires have been allowed in the past and that's always weather dependent. Best to confirm with the venue.

Jim,
I'll bring my raised fire pit, if I can remember to load it . It won't take up tons of room but will be nice to have if we can use it. Maybe my site will have a table....Otherwise, We will make do without.

Thank you,

David

Last edited:

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders

We have Roy & Sandy Walker from TX staying with us in Bartlett Tn for a couple days and then head north to Goshen. Taking them to the Pyrimid Bass Pro in the morning and then down Beale St.

pegmikef

So I guess the exodus for Goshen from all corners of the USA has really started. We left home yesterday and overnighted at the Mt. Pleasant, TX KOA where we met a nice couple (Landmark owners and HOC members) from San Antonio who were also overnighting there enroute to Goshen by way of Memphis for a day or two. We are in a nice little family owned RV park currently being developed (Delta Ridge RV Park) in Forrest City, Arkansas and are going to try and hook up with Jay and Stella and Paul and Nancy in Missouri tomorrow for some throwed biscuits.

iowaone

So I guess the exodus for Goshen from all corners of the USA has really started. We left home yesterday and overnighted at the Mt. Pleasant, TX KOA where we met a nice couple (Landmark owners and HOC members) from San Antonio who were also overnighting there enroute to Goshen by way of Memphis for a day or two. We are in a nice little family owned RV park currently being developed (Delta Ridge RV Park) in Forrest City, Arkansas and are going to try and hook up with Jay and Stella and Paul and Nancy in Missouri tomorrow for some throwed biscuits.
Mike,
Those are not biscuits they throw, It is home of thrower ROLLS. lol. Now I wish you could catch a couple for me along with their great fried okra. Oh and some of that sorghum!! Enjoy!!'

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Marketplace Link

Mike, we passed through Sikeston today and made our 3 stop at this Lamberts. They do you up extra special. Oh and we are just about to have seconds at the Park we stopped at. Arriving in Goshen on tomorrow!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Mike are yall going to be in Hinton as well? We will be there early tomorrow.

olcoon

We are leaving in the morning, be there Tuesday. Bring some friends with us & this will be their first national rally. They have only been to one rally so far, the Arkansas Chapter rally, & they are really looking forward to it!

pegmikef

Mike are yall going to be in Hinton as well? We will be there early tomorrow.

Yep as you know since you are two sites down. I guess we'll have about ten for Lamberts tonight once Jay and Stella get here.

dlw930

Better wear your helmet, those rolls hurt if your reaction time's too slow! First time I ever are at Lambert's they were in an old building south of downtown Sikeston (as opposed to uptown Sikeston) and ol Norm Lambert himself was throwing the rolls.

Where do you sign up for the Pig Pickin' BBQ...??

I see the 2015 Rally Agenda is still in draft mode, with the last pages from 2014 Rally. When will they be in finalized..??

jbeletti

Where do you sign up for the Pig Pickin' BBQ...??

I see the 2015 Rally Agenda is still in draft mode, with the last pages from 2014 Rally. When will they be in finalized..??

There's no Pig Pickin' - that was cancelled a couple months back. Not sure where you downloaded the agenda from but I checked the link from the rally portal and the agenda there is dated 30-May.

Download the latest here and please send me a link to where you found that old draft so I can fix that.

We are picking up our Cyclone from the Factory (repairs) on Friday, June 12th and decided to stay for the rally. I have tried to get on the site to register, but no luck. What should I do to ensure that we can either get a spot or can make other arrangements? Thank you and we cant wait meet all of our fellow owners.

Michael and Shari Johnson

danemayer

We are picking up our Cyclone from the Factory (repairs) on Friday, June 12th and decided to stay for the rally. I have tried to get on the site to register, but no luck. What should I do to ensure that we can either get a spot or can make other arrangements? Thank you and we cant wait meet all of our fellow owners.

Michael and Shari Johnson
HI Michael and Shari,

What kind of problem are you having getting on the registration site? Are you using this link?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
For those of you that are already at the rally in Goshen (Elkhart County Fairgrounds) I was just wondering if anyone is already set up in the infield camping are? If so if it muddy. I want to know if I should bring my mud boots or not and if I will get stuck crossing the track. It is predicted to be raining when we arrive on Sunday. Just trying to think ahead. I have very vivid memories of the Escapade in Sedaila MO where almost everyone got stuck after a rain. BTW we are fairly familiar with the facility where the rally is being held as we have attended rallies there before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Jim - we have been in the infield for the last 2 national rally and if I was you, I would bring your boots. In 2011 we had some mud, not bad but enough for warrant boots. 2013, we really didn't have any rain during the rally so the boots just stayed in the closest.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
That's our attire. I am also bringing tennis shoes since we are trying to get up a game of pickleball.
B--

ILH

Does anybody know if there are handicap accessible showers at the Goshen fairgrounds?