2016 Elkridge 5th Wheel 39RDFS slide out issues

First of all my unit has 5 slides. I don't have any issues when opening my slides. However when closing my slides I usually have issues with the 3rd 4th 5th slides. The 3rd slide will sometimes stop about halfway in with me still holding the "in" switch in. The pump motor is not making any noise. I will hit the "out" switch for just a second then push the "in" switch and the 3rd slide out will travel in. Sometimes but not always I have to do the same thing for the 4th slide out but regardless I will have to do this routine for the 5th slide. The fluid in the reservoir is normal before I start and it looks normal when all slides are in. I was wondering if the switch could be bad or maybe an electrical issue with the wiring. If so how could I troubleshoot this ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Without being there it sounds like you could have a weak 50 amp breaker that protects the hydraulic pump.
Follow the heavy red wire attached to the solenoid that is on your hydraulic pump to the bank of breakers.
That wire might be identified by a wrap of tape or a mark on each end of the cable.
Replace that 50 amp auto reset breaker. They are under $10.

Peace
Dave

I replaced the 50 amp breaker tried the slide outs with no issues. I feel confident the issue has been resolved. Thank you cookie and JWalker, for the suggestion.

Frank (4747)

carl.swoyer

Without being there it sounds like you could have a weak 50 amp breaker that protects the hydraulic pump.
Follow the heavy red wire attached to the solenoid that is on your hydraulic pump to the bank of breakers.
That wire might be identified by a wrap of tape or a mark on each end of the cable.
Replace that 50 amp auto reset breaker. They are under $10.

Peace
Dave
Think I am currently having this issues. Could you possibly send a picture of the breaker and it location.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk