2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Jim have you or anyone else been able to locate an unused 2014 National Rally sticker from Urbana? I need that one to do what JWalker is doing.
Andy - it's possible that I have one here. See me and we'll look through a bag I keep of all the old decals.

jbeletti

Attention Infield Rally Attendees

This just in from the Fairgrounds office...

Harness racing is scheduled as follows:
Friday, June 16 at 5:00 pm
Saturday, June 17 at 2:00 pm

How this will impact Infield rally attendees:
  • Driving across the track during the races will not be allowed
  • Crossing by foot is not a problem
  • All vehicles will need to park outside the track at those times "if they are needed"
  • Vehicles not in use, can remain in the infield
  • The racing group will have a crossing guard for your convenience
This isn’t a large or lengthy race and it is also weather pending. The Fairgrounds is printing small flyers that will be shared with infield campers.

Attachments

• Maple City Trotting Harness Races on Grandstand Track.pdf
    102.4 KB · Views: 28

olcoon

In case anyone here doesn't know about it, there is an RV surplus store 5 miles from the fairgrounds. They have reasonable prices, and quite an inventory. It's operated by an Amish family at their house. Go out gate #1, and turn right (East) onto Monroe St. follow Monroe for 5 miles, & it's on the right hand (South) side of the road. There is a sign in the yard. They also sell propane cheap, at least for what I paid before we left home.
5#-$3.00
11# $6.00
20#-$10.00
30#-$15.00
40#-20.00

Also they have a bunch of different sized screws with the square head, with plain, black, & white heads in different lengths.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In case anyone here doesn't know about it, there is an RV surplus store 5 miles from the fairgrounds. They have reasonable prices, and quite an inventory. It's operated by an Amish family at their house. Go out gate #1, and turn right (East) onto Monroe St. follow Monroe for 5 miles, & it's on the right hand (South) side of the road. There is a sign in the yard. They also sell propane cheap, at least for what I paid before we left home.
5#-$3.00
11# $6.00
20#-$10.00
30#-$15.00
40#-20.00

Also they have a bunch of different sized screws with the square head, with plain, black, & white heads in different lengths.

Thanks for the reminder, Roy! I was looking for a door window frame there two years ago. Bought one, with the glass in it, for like $6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrabelson

Are they parking campers during lunch time tomorrow? We may be arriving around noon and we're wondering if we will be waiting in line.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Are they parking campers during lunch time tomorrow? We may be arriving around noon and we're wondering if we will be waiting in line.

They park attendees all day long. As far as the line goes, there is no way to know if there will be a line or not. That is a function of how many people arrive at the same time.

Dan50

We are arriving on Monday the 12th and we will be located in the infield. It says we have a 30 amp site. Do all the sites have sewer hookups in the infield?

RDsStudio59

We are arriving on Monday the 12th and we will be located in the infield. It says we have a 30 amp site. Do all the sites have sewer hookups in the infield?
According to the county fairgrounds map it shows 50 amp only sites 501 through 530 water electric and Sewer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Jackson2

The Heartland customer service personnel were extremely helpful with the minor repairs that were fixed on my trailer !!!! 😎 👏

jbeletti

Thursday, 2-4 pm - Happy Hour with Heartland Reps

Hello Goshen Rally Attendees,

Andy Wesdorp has asked me to announce that he is sponsoring "Happy Hour with the Heartland Reps" tomorrow (Thursday) from 2 pm to 4 pm at the show coaches on Locust Street.

In between sessions, try to swing on by and meet the reps and grab a cold drink.

Thursday, 2-4 pm at the Outdoor Heartland Marketplace

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Thursday, 2-4 pm - Happy Hour with Heartland Reps

Hello Goshen Rally Attendees,

Andy Wesdorp has asked me to announce that he is sponsoring "Happy Hour with the Heartland Reps" tomorrow (Thursday) from 2 pm to 4 pm at the show coaches on Locust Street.

In between sessions, try to swing on by and meet the reps and grab a cold drink.

Thursday, 2-4 pm at the Outdoor Heartland Marketplace

Awesome! Can't wait to see some old friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Nelly Muffins Thursday morning in the rally hall

Hey everyone - just a reminder that Nelly Wolbeck will be making her famous Nelly Muffins in the rally hall Thursday morning. She starts serving at 7 am. Stop by the kitchen and get your order in.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Re: Nelly Muffins Thursday morning in the rally hall

Nelly said, Muffins are still available, come on down to the Rally Hall!

jbeletti

Thetford Norcold seminar is a scratch

The Thetford-Norcold rep that was to do a seminar on Friday at 10:30 in the Rally Hall had a personal emergency. As such, their seminar has been cancelled.

jbeletti

Added Presentation: DMJ Supplies - Handmade Mop, Polishing Cloths and Cleaning Products

Added Presentation: DMJ Supplies - Handmade Mop, Polishing Cloths and Cleaning Products

Friday at 10:30 am in the Rally Hall, join DMJ Supplies for a presentation on their Handmade Mops, Polishing Cloths and Cleaning Products.

This presentation will be held in the slot vacated by the now cancelled Thetford-Norcold seminar.

There's a large event at the fairgrounds from 7am until 5pm tomorrow (Saturday 17-June).
An estimated 1,000-1,200 bicycle riders will start and end their rides here.
Please be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.