2017 Sundance Backup Camera Install Question

Just purchased this 2017 Sundance XLT Ultra Light. Want to install backup and side cameras. Im thinking steal power from the center roof light or just pull the assembly out and put the camera there.
I dont see a prep per say on this model other than maybe doing what I described. Im open to suggestions on how to proceed. Was looking at the furrion kit with 3 cameras and monitor

IMG_9910.jpeg

Dahillbilly

could mount it just below that center light & pull power & ground from that light. I did I just have to turn my lights on for camera to work which I like, that way I know my lights and brakes are working. DOT rules state that you have to those 3 center lights.

could mount it just below that center light & pull power & ground from that light. I did I just have to turn my lights on for camera to work which I like, that way I know my lights and brakes are working. DOT rules state that you have to those 3 center lights.
I was wondering about that so glad I asked! Furrion makes a system where its a light/camera combo for the sides. Any other places thats good to put a camera? Besides sides and rear?

MDH2021

Hello Sundance283RB,

Furrion makes a style that replaces the center clearance light. I believe there are other brands that do the same for a lower price. We use Furrion on our camper. Hope this helps

Bogie

I did the same on my 2018 Sundance.

Bogie

Mine is a 5th wheel. 32' long. I have never had problems with drop out on the camera. However, I don't have a Furrion camera. I use a
VisionWorks system. It has been very reliable.

Since my RV has four marker lights, I placed the camera in the middle and fished a wire from a marker light.

IMG_3173.jpeg