2019 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

danemayer

If you haven't been to the fairgrounds in a while, the Goshen downtown bypass is now open. If you're coming from the north on U.S. 33, your GPS will tell you to turn right on 3rd, 2nd, or Main Street. Instead, you can now go straight and bypass downtown. At the high school, you still turn left onto CR 34 (E. Monroe) to get to the fairgrounds.

Goshen Map New Route.jpg

Alanspc

Hi, this is my first rally and have two newby questions.

1) Will we have fire pits? I need to know if I need to bring any firewood. (Site RingRoad 308-327)
2) What are the arrival/check-in times for my arrival day. (June 3rd)

Thanks,
Alan Coles Traveling with Wendy Wright & 2 Beagle mixes
4010RD Big Country

jbeletti

Hi, this is my first rally and have two newby questions.

1) Will we have fire pits? I need to know if I need to bring any firewood. (Site RingRoad 308-327)
2) What are the arrival/check-in times for my arrival day. (June 3rd)

Thanks,
Alan Coles Traveling with Wendy Wright & 2 Beagle mixes
4010RD Big Country

There are no fire pits. Sometimes, contained fires are allowed. We will have to check with the venue and get back to you.

jbeletti

From the venue:

“We do not allow any fires that would be on the ground, wood, propane, or otherwise. If they have a raised fire pit they are welcome to use it, but it must be off the ground and for safety reasons we ask that no one throw burnt wood or charcoal in the dumpsters.”

Last edited:

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Coming in today - is there a specific entrance that we should use to enter? And any suggestions on route? Anyone come up 31?

jbeletti

Coming in today - is there a specific entrance that we should use to enter? And any suggestions on route? Anyone come up 31?

Enter gate 1 with the RV. Thereafter, use any gate except gate 1.

Unless anyone knows different, I'd take this route from Indy:
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 8.55.17 AM.jpg

Potluck tonight if you make it in early enough. Don't worry about bringing anything if you don't have time to cook. Show up, have fun!

RDsStudio59

Enter gate 1 with the RV. Thereafter, use any gate except gate 1.

Unless anyone knows different, I'd take this route from Indy:
View attachment 61928

Potluck tonight if you make it in early enough. Don't worry about bringing anything if you don't have time to cook. Show up, have fun!
I would suggest you stay on 6 until you get to 19 in Nappanee and then go north to 119. That little stretch that cuts across to 19 from 6 is a little 2 lane through an Amish community that can be difficult at times especially with an RV in tow.

Sent from Roger using my personal pocket pc on Tapatalk

jbeletti

I would suggest you stay on 6 until you get to 19 in Nappanee and then go north to 119. That little stretch that cuts across to 19 from 6 is a little 2 lane through an Amish community that can be difficult at times especially with an RV in tow.

New map based on this feedback:
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 9.07.18 AM.jpg

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the suggestions! We will be there between 2-3. See y’all later...should be able to throw something together for tonite! :D

Need a little help.... We are arriving June 4th (between noon and 2 pm) I've seen the post about the "bypass" through town (US 33 to Monroe St) I am a little confused about which entrance to use and the check-in process. It looks like Gate #1 on the NW corner of the facility. Where do we check-in and get or packet as well as direction to our site? Thanks

jbeletti

Need a little help.... We are arriving June 4th (between noon and 2 pm) I've seen the post about the "bypass" through town (US 33 to Monroe St) I am a little confused about which entrance to use and the check-in process. It looks like Gate #1 on the NW corner of the facility. Where do we check-in and get or packet as well as direction to our site? Thanks

You got it Kevin. Gate 1 into the facility to the check-in trailer. Parking team will be waiting for you there. They'll check you in, give you your rally bag etc.

orion7144

We will be coming in Friday from the Cincinnati area. Any suggestions on directions? Garmin usually has us go up 75 then west north of Dayton.

RDsStudio59

We will be coming in Friday from the Cincinnati area. Any suggestions on directions? Garmin usually has us go up 75 then west north of Dayton.
I guess it depends on where about Cinci and weather you prefer the scenic 2 lanes or 4 lane interstate. Could bring 70 or 75 over to Indianapolis 465 north around to 31 north then follow the map on 6 Jim provide. Looks like an additional 14 miles going that way but it would be 4 lanes until shortly after you get on 6 east.
Either way be safe and enjoy.

Kbvols

I would think the best route would be 75 to 33 at Wapak, 469 north around Ft Wayne then pick 33 back up. We live in Celina and I work all thru NE Indiana while there are other routes that is probably the easiest and most direct route from Cincy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

We usually pickup 33 in Wapakoneta then to 127 to 30 and 30 into Fort Wayne where we pickup 33 all the way into Goshen
Safe travels
Mark

Kbvols

We usually pickup 33 in Wapakoneta then to 127 to 30 and 30 into Fort Wayne where we pickup 33 all the way into Goshen
Safe travels
Mark
That is the way I would normally recommend however 127 is closed just North of Mercer as the bridge is out. Detour takes you over to Rockford on 33 then up 118 then 81 back over to 127. It's easy enough but didn't want to confuse anyone with the detour.

Keith

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
That is the way I would normally recommend however 127 is closed just North of Mercer as the bridge is out. Detour takes you over to Rockford on 33 then up 118 then 81 back over to 127. It's easy enough but didn't want to confuse anyone with the detour.

Keith

Thanks for the update Keith. I have taken 33 through Decatur and through Fort Wayne in the past.

Kbvols

Thanks for the update Keith. I have taken 33 through Decatur and through Fort Wayne in the past.
The detour is probably best bet. Definitely want to get on 469 and not take 33 thru Fort Wayne. See you all next week safe travels!