Adjustable Width Hitch on a BIg Country

bigdob24

Have a 2014 BC 3070RE and of coarse there's no bumper.
The wife and myself enjoy riding are bicycles but have no where to haul them.
I have a carrier that slips into a reciever and was interested in what anyone else has done to get a reciever hitch on the back of a BC for bikes.
seems like there is problems with the ladders sagging so thats out, has anyone successfully used one of these adjustable width hitches on a BC ?
i understand the warrantee will be void

http://www.etrailer.com/Specialty-Trailer-Hitches/Curt/13703.html
thanks
Dan

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like it could be a good idea but I read on the Curt website that if using for bikes, additional stabilizing straps will be needed.
I wonder what that means.
I think that for the price you could have a welding shop fabricate a heavier duty hitch.
JMHO.

Peace
Dave

bigdob24

They want you to run straps to minimize the vibration .
o
I have had a welding shop do work before and may have to go back for a quote.

stevenssr

I watched the video. I think I'll look for a good welding shop if this is my option. Besides weakening the frame with a bunch of big holes, I'm guessing that whole process is harder than it looks in the video. I was excited about a bolt on solution but I think I'll pass on this. Maybe someone knows of a real bolt on solution available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BobX2

I wouldn't trust anything but a good, solid, welded hitch. This is what I had built for mine. This also reinforced and strengthened the rear of my frame. If I were to happen to hit the rear on the ground while going through a dip, or something of that sort, I'm pretty well protected now.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/44027-Getting-hitched-today

Greengas

I wouldn't trust anything but a good, solid, welded hitch. This is what I had built for mine. This also reinforced and strengthened the rear of my frame. If I were to happen to hit the rear on the ground while going through a dip, or something of that sort, I'm pretty well protected now.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/44027-Getting-hitched-today

If it's not asking too much, how much did you pay for the hitch.

BobX2

If it's not asking too much, how much did you pay for the hitch.

No problem. The hitch by itself is $700. Hitch + wiring was $825. Some things I don't mind paying for. If I'm going to haul $15,000 worth of ATV's back there, I want a quality job done by professionals.