Air Compressors

2010augusta

Where are the pictures?

okay, I posted the pics in a different thread, but here are some for this one.

I love this little craftsman, but I think is is discontinued now, too bad.

Attachments

• DSCN1696 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1696 (Small).JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN1698 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1698 (Small).JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN1699 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1699 (Small).JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 88

porthole

Retired
I guess that reel is an electric rewind?

And my wife thought I was nuts - wait to she sees me do this!

On many of the larger compressors you can adjust the cut in - cut out pressure. And with those that you can't or the limits are too restrictive you can get compressor switches at places like McMaster Carr http://www.mcmaster.com/#

Although you may wear out your compressor sooner - who knows. My 35 year old Craftsman compressor in my garage has a cut in of 125 and cut out at 150.

Delaine and Lindy

The Air Compressor I have came from Sears, its about 5 years old. Its a 150 lb capacity, our 5th wheel tires require 110 lbs of air, it does a great job. I looked on the Sears web site but its wasn't there. We also now have the ability to Air all our tires from the Truck, it has a quick connect and a 50' hose so I probably want take the Air Compressor everytime. GBY....

Forrest Fetherolf

The compressor is a Porter Cable pancake style, I removed the tank and added the plumbing. High pressure cut-off @ 120 lbs, total weight is about 13 lbs and takes up very little space. Air tank not necessary due to only inflating tires and air bags, if tank is needed a portable air tank can be used.

Forrest

Attachments

• SV400030.JPG
    SV400030.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 68
  • SV400031.JPG
    SV400031.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 61
  • SV400032.JPG
    SV400032.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 55

2010augusta

Forrest, be careful when using the compressor without a tank, as the air coming out of the compressor is very hot and can melt some types of air hose easily when running for several minutes.

Forrest Fetherolf

Alan,
You are correct on the heat build-up, I use high pressure fuel injection hose to connect compressor to manifold @ $6.00 per/foot. The cheap-o plastic hoses will become hard and blow from the heat buildup. This set-up only runs for a very short period and has a auto shut-off. The original Porter Cable pancake set-up used a compressor to tank rubber hose rather than copper.

Forrest

aatauses

Just a quick note on compressors----I bought the Husky "scout" from Lowes on sale at $98. With the compressors running it will top off the 110 lbs in about 5 minutes for each tire. So far the only downsize I see in the weight of the unit which is 33lbs.
aatauses