Almost ready to pull the trigger on a CY4000

So I'm about ready to trade my 2011 Voltage 3950 for a new 2015 CY4000.

The main concern I have, what does everyone suggest to keep an eye on while doing my delivery inspection at the dealer?

So far I haven't really had too many issues with my Voltage, but the Cyclone has a ton of luxuries that my Voltage doesn't even come close to. Comfortable seating to start with.

I also want to get rid of the Voltage before things do start falling apart.

Thanks in advance for the tips.

jimtoo

Hi jchadwick541,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Take your time, make sure they have everything hooked up, water, elec, everything. Check every thing to make sure it works and that you can work everything. Slides, jacks, sewer, water heater, even try to spend the night on the lot all hooked up. Check TV and all accessories. Some folks even video the walk through so they will have something to refer to incase they forget something.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new Cyclone when you get it.

Jim M

OEFVET

Anything that moves should be checked. Awnings and led lights, slides, all switches are identified (what they do), check hot water heater on both electric and propane, 6 point level system, ACs, all toilets, showers and faucets, doors and hinges, and generator.

Enjoy! you will love the 4000. After you get it I would be interested in differences between the Cyclone and Voltage. I almost purchased the Voltage until I saw the Cyclone.

kowAlski631

Trust, but verify. If your dealer says they checked ______ so you don't need to, check it anyway. Not saying anyone would fabricate, but people get sidetracked and miss things. It's your rig, after all. And do the PDI before the paperwork. Dealers can be quicker to make corrections and adjustments when it's still on their books. Just our 2¢ worth.

TX_Clay

Don't forget to make sure they don't try to deliver the new Cyclone with poor quality tires. ;)

In other words. DON'T accept TowMax tires. Have them replace them with Goodyear or Carlisle or what ever you prefer. Cause you will be replacing them somewhere soon down the road.

Funny you mention that. The unit I'll be getting the deal works actually has one tire that's already flat. I'm having them swap with the new tires that I just bought for the old trailer.

Now to see if they make the deal work for me.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Also the dealers make up their own MSRP's. Find the HL MSRP for the CY (on the forum)...and add up all the options...get the total. Then subtract 25-30% from that $$$ amount and make your deal.

Well, it's pretty much a done deal now. I ended up spending over 4 hours working on the price, it came down to them literately dropping the price about $100 each time I refused their "best deal." I guess it also helped having a build sheet from a Fuzion that we liked along with the deal the other dealer made us.

It was almost sad when by the end, the salesman told me that I had apparently done more research on the different toy haulers than he has in the many years they have been selling them.

By time all is said and done, I feel I got a fairly good deal. Especially considering they are taking a trade unit that they had nothing good to say about the Voltage's in general and that I owed too much on.

Now just to wait to get it home and try it out for a week. Luckily the dealer is only 10 minutes from my house, so easy and convenient to get to for any warranty issues.

pcardoza

Make darn sure to test ALL the plumbing. When we set up our 4100 King I lost count of how many connections I had to tighten up. Water lines, drains, everything was loose and dripping. Crazy to imagine the level of quality that allowed this to be.