Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
All Done With The Work

We have arrived safely and are all set up. Was going to video John backing in but it would have been a waste of 30 seconds of film. He always backs in good WHEN HE LISTENS TO ME:D:D:D.

Everything is nice here and there is lots of sun and a nice warm sea breeze. No awning today:eek:. Gotta go put some T-Bones on the grill. I'll check in later.

Your house sounds like a destination location! So just how many rigs will fit in your drive, on the street and on the lawn?

San Diego would be a great trip. We'll have to hear more about that one. I was raised there and am always ready to return to visit.

We bow down to you, Oh Great Beer Patron! Thank you for trusting me enough to pass the torch for luau drinks. I'll get 'er done!:D

Perhaps Chrissy you might be interested to know that I have three wet bars in my house: the main bar in the theater, the "nightcap" bar in the master suite, and the wine bar off the kitchen plus two dry bars: the traveling bar which fits in the elevator and goes anywhere inside or outside and the outdoor bar in the pergola.

The main bar boasts the largest fridge in the house. The cold side -- set for 50 degrees -- is just beer (and French vermouth for my Tanqueray #10 martinis). The freezer side is beer steins, all kinds of beer glasses, cocktail glasses, plus some vodka, Jaeger, schnapps, etc. on the bottom shelf. I've got at least nine kinds of tequila and six kinds of bourbon on hand at all times. My next upgrade will be a soda gun and a two-head tap for beer.

But the thing that will really get Sam is that in the main bar I have a set of wall shelves to display unique bottles of beers I have consumed personally. From Stone Brewing Company alone I have:

• Arrogant Bastard Ale
  • Ruination IPA (22oz and 12oz)
  • Imperial Russian Stout
  • Smoked Porter
  • Old Guardian
  • Oaked Arrogant Bastard (12oz)
  • Double Bastard Ale ('05 through '08 releases)
  • Double Bastard Ale (3 Liter double Jeroboam, '08 release)
  • Vertical Epic (06/06/06, 07/07/07, and 08/08/08)
  • Anniversary Ale (#6 through #12)
(All in 22oz bottles unless otherwise mentioned.) The 12th Anniversary isn't even opened yet (cellaring it for later). I've had the Stone IPA but don't consider it special enough to display. I have at least six full cases of Stone beers in the wine/beer cellar (down from a high of thirteen cases since my beer store closed) including an unopened case of the 2006 Double Bastard Ale.

I am planning an RV trip to the brewery in San Diego next year (wanna come along?) Pssst, I always put a full case of Arrogant Bastard (or a mixed case of AB and Ruinations) into the rig at the start of every camping trip.

There are also bottles of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA, Raison d'Extra, and Worldwide Stout on that shelf along with some Thomas Hardys, etc.

When I go to a beer store where they know me the owner gets out his hand truck and expects to make more than one trip. My brother-in-law is buying one of those beer stores and wants me to be a partner ... mmmm.

<gauntlet thrown down ... all others bow down before the master>

For me to pass the torch on luau drinks for the rally was a serious act of faith and trust on my part.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I think Chrissy has stumbled onto a location for our next rally:eek:! How much electrity can Hudson support???:D I can get by on 30amps.

Hudson

I think Chrissy has stumbled onto a location for our next rally:eek:! How much electricity can Hudson support???:D I can get by on 30amps.

At 30A I've got only enough power for 30 rigs. The rest would be on gensets. I don't have full hookups but I have a dump station. Water pressure's good and you won't need a purifier. (We share aquifers with the Berkeley Springs International "Bronze Award" winner. Third best bottled water in the world isn't too bad ... especially mixed with barrel-proof bourbon.) There's wifi too. Plus a big hot tub but the sign says "No swimsuits after dark" ... you do what you want, but I honor the sign ;).

Hmmm, 30 rigs at $40 a night ... hmmm, after covering the power bill, that might just cover my new taps and soda gun with enough left over for my first keg of Ruination!

timdebs

Jim, not sure if you are going to Raleigh to visit family but if you are not going into Raleigh and coming down I40 take I540 out by the airport, it is a new interstate and you will by pass all of Raleigh, take to 64 and then that will take you to 264, excellent road 70 mph will take you all the way past Williamston. Again great road, if you are going into Raleigh then just get on 64

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Leave Home Without The Bighorn?????

Just met dudley43 from Ohio. They are in a condo up around Nags Head. They heard about the rally and stopped by to see if anyone was here. They have had their Bighorn for a few months but left home without it:eek:.
They are going to stop back, most likely on Friday, to meet up with some other Heartland owners. It was very nice meeting and visiting with them. You two are cool but next time you come to a rally, BRING THE TRAILER!!!!!:D:D:D

timdebs

Gus/Hudson we are trying to change our plans and come up Thursday night. We have a couple of things to work out before this can happen but will know by the end of today. If we can I will let Camp Hatteras know. Just sounds like tooooo much fun and HOOPLA to miss out on. If we can work this out we will be leaving New Bern around 7 and should put us there about 10.

boatto5er

Gus/Hudson we are trying to change our plans and come up Thursday night. We have a couple of things to work out before this can happen but will know by the end of today. If we can I will let Camp Hatteras know. Just sounds like tooooo much fun and HOOPLA to miss out on. If we can work this out we will be leaving New Bern around 7 and should put us there about 10.

Oh boy! Backing in in the dark!:eek: And...with a 39' trailer - even more fun. Seriously, hope you can make it happen. Let us know if you'd like additional spotters getting in after dark. We promise not to take pictures :)rolleyes: well, maybe a few).

boatto5er

I am going to sneak in under the cover of dark get parked, THEN start blowing the horn.

EXCEPT - you have to drive past my site to get to yours:D. I will have my Pink Flamingo:) motion detectors out. Don't worry - my camera takes terrible pictures after dark...

timdebs

Gus you are too much! Are you like this all the time? Speaking of driving past your campsite, I read what Hudson wrote about going to straight to campsite, when we turn right into the campground what do we need to do then. I hate to be one of those people riding around the campground with their high beams on.

Hudson

I'll have to redo my stats email to Gus ... I should have done those as equations in the spreadsheet.

Glad you're coming earlier. The HOOPLA is traditionally at midnight, but I think we might not wait that long ... it follows directly after the Rhythm Ritual so when you hear the drums ...

Hudson

Gus you are too much! Are you like this all the time? Speaking of driving past your campsite, I read what Hudson wrote about going to straight to campsite, when we turn right into the campground what do we need to do then. I hate to be one of those people riding around the campground with their high beams on.

After you turn west (right turn for 99% of us), drive straight to your campsite and back in. I have a high res map of our camping area. Gus is doctoring it up to show names and sites.

Wow, I just thought of something really stupid. I was just getting ready to print those maps to hand out at the welcome party. Duh, you need them for parking which will be finished before the party. de-de-de. Map is attached here now instead.

Attachments

• map.pdf
    679.3 KB · Views: 31

timdebs

Holy Smokes Batman! I think I got the worst site to be able to back into. Looks like I might need to rethink this and drive through parking lot straight into our site. That site is not looking backer friendly. :)

boatto5er

Holy Smokes Batman! I think I got the worst site to be able to back into. Looks like I might need to rethink this and drive through parking lot straight into our site. That site is not looking backer friendly. :)

Hmmm, there might be a fence there...:). Actually, I think the roads are pretty wide so you shouldn't have too much difficulty. The site are pretty much wide open without a lot of obstacles. Of course, I'll probably have 28 utility boxes around the entrance to mine. And...I may get to back in twice, once on Tuesday to an interim site and then again on Wednesday.

Hudson

Actually it's not that bad. If you look at the satellite image (like Google Earth), you'll see the actual angle is quite different from the angle shown on the "drawing".

And Gus is right about the fence but that's nothing compared to what would happen if you drove into that really soft sand between the big parking lot and your concrete pad. Notice how I did not say "drove through" :)

Our clan will be there Thursday by early afternoon (if all goes as planned), so for those of you who have trouble backing that rig of yours into your site, I'm available for hire at a low price.

I'm known around these parts for getting our rig into some really tight spots. I wear my reputation as a badge of honor.

See y'all in a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.