Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

timdebs

ITS A GO! Thursday night it is! WOOOHOOO, YIPPEEE,ARGGGGHHHH! De L.E. May be on the way that day!

Luau Hoopla Update

Here's an update on the folks that I have heard from and are willing to share their tropical drinks with you.

I have 5 people on the list. If you want to be included, let me know your site number and the type of drink you'll be making.

Hudson referenced the Hoopla being at midnight. That' fine with me, but I'm also willing to share my drinks any evening. Which night is best?

1) Chrissy & Sam Akers
Site 392
Mai Tai, Blue Hawaiin, Assorted Beer
Kid drinks??

2) Jim & Harriet Dahlgren
Site 324
Assorted Beer, Interesting bottle of wine

3) Tim and Debbie Fodrie
Site 396
BDF's (Vodka, Tropicana Orange Aid Light, and a little lemon seltzer), Dirty Martinis with Vodka, Boat Drinks

4) Hudson & Tracy Hendren
Site 379
Kungaloosh, beer
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Kungaloosh

5) Wesley & Niki Norwood
site 400
PJ

Hudson

Drinking of alcohol

Remember when I handed off all things drinking to the volunteers (and several people took up that cause)? I've seen messages about people getting together on recipes, ingredients, fruity rum drinks, pitchers, buckets, etc.

Well, I don't think I explicitly mentioned it -- and I guess I thought it was assumed -- but ... ummm, errr, well, ... I'm gonna get in with y'all on whatever y'all put together. Let me know what liquor, juices, and/or other ingredients to bring and where to bring them and I'll be there.

BTW, I am leaving now to go get my trailer from the shop at Chesapeake RV Solutions. I hope to be at Camp Hatteras by dark. Everybody drive safely, okay?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We're at the campground. Got in around 4:30. It's great here. Bylinski's and Lorenzini's are here already. Hopefully Hudson will pull in soon.

BTW, I did a terrible job getting backed in, and Deb B. caught it on tape. Film at 11:00.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We're at the campground. Got in around 4:30. It's great here. Bylinski's and Lorenzini's are here already. Hopefully Hudson will pull in soon.

BTW, I did a terrible job getting backed in, and Deb B. caught it on tape. Film at 11:00.
Somehow I really don't believe you Gus, but glad to hear you got there safe and sound. Not sure about Hudson. When I was at Chesapeake RV Solutions this afternoon his rig was still there waiting on the parts to fix the back end. Hopefully he has it and is there by now. If not, according to Tim at RV Solutions, definetely tomorrow.

See you Thursday afternoon. Gotta go into the office early but hope to be there around 1 PM. However, as bad as I am at backing (I'm still learning) I think I might try for 1 AM. Only problem with that is with the Hoopla starting around midnight, there'll still be too many witneses.:)

Keith

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hopefully I will be there around 3:00 tomorrow afternoon.Renee is working in Raleigh tomorrow and she and her parents will drive down after she gets off.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We're glad Hudson arrived safely although I slept right through his night backing (too much sun) . Couldn't hold it against him anyway no comparison to daytime backing.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Thanks Don - I personally plan on keeping the truck off the beach. I've seen too many of them buried up to the axles!:eek: DW wouldn't be happy if I did that to her truck, and you know what they say about keeping DW happy:D.

10-12 psi in the tires should keep you from having to dig out - unless you go where you don't belong :D

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Weather's Great! Surf's Up! Wish you were here.:D

Attachments

• Surf1.JPG
    Surf1.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Surf2.JPG
    Surf2.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 25

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Well,left home this morning around 7:30.Pulled into campground around 2:30.Had a good drive.Most 4 lane and mostly 65 to 70 mph.In rain out of rain,but about the last 35 miles was beautiful.Glad to be here and set up. Nice campground and just saw a beautiful sunset over the sound.I almost forgot,when I got here Gus was gone,so no video of me backing in for your entertainment.

timdebs

Gus/Hudson fill us in, tell us what is happening, whose there? Can't wait to get there. Pictures? I saw the ones on facebook good pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.