Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudson

?Mini national rally?

You know, I'm beginning to agree with you about that. We're at or over 25 rigs I think, and we're talking what, like seven different states represented? Yeah man, you know it is not often that I have reason to pat myself on the back and even less often that I'd even do it if I could, but jeepers! First time out of the chute as a wagon master (and I've only ever attended just one rally) ... and I think I may have knocked this one out of the park. None Now of course I need to back all that up by making it fun for everyone. I am so excited about this.

davebennington

Hey don't forget Randy Allen from Georgia he said he was going to try to attend. He is making contact with North Carolina and South Carolina folks to see if they can attend.

Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The more, the merrier:D! How many campsites on the sound side of the campground? We may fill it up:eek:. If Hillsonwheels can make it, they are really from Florida, along will Randy Allen from GA, that would give us most of the East Coast! So far we have NJ, MD, VA, NC, and SC. I think it's OK to pat yourself on the back Hudson.

By the way - glad you were able to work it in Eric!

camperjohn08

Looks like a Great Rally for Sept.....

I would also say "Great Job Hutson":D
But it seems Nancy and I are the Dwarfs here... We seem to be the only couple with a Travel trailer. Or as the joke goes, our "mini-moble pup tent on wheels"....:D
But with that said, we are both really looking forward to the rally, Can't wait till Sept..
John & Nancy

Heartland North Trail 21FBS

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
But it seems Nancy and I are the Dwarfs here... We seem to be the only couple with a Travel trailer. Or as the joke goes, our "mini-moble pup tent on wheels"....:D
But with that said, we are both really looking forward to the rally, Can't wait till Sept..
John & Nancy

You might be the only ones with a TT, but maybe you know something the rest of us don't...but maybe we should.:eek:

truknutt

Committed Member
John & Nancy

Nothing at all wrong with a Travel Trailer. There are some beautiful State Parks we can't visit now because of our gargantuan Cyclone. Bigger is not always better! ;)

boatto5er

Nothing at all wrong with a Travel Trailer. There are some beautiful State Parks we can't visit now because of our gargantuan Cyclone. Bigger is not always better! ;)

Now if we can just get you to come down for our fall rally:). Plenty of sites that will hold a Cyclone!
Gus

HowardBJr

HowardBJr
John & Nancy

John,

Kathy and I would have been glad to trade our “rustic cabin” we had at the Spring Rally for your North Trail. Our little Rosie sure liked the cabin however if we stay in that cabin again our first modification will be to add some plumbing. Your North Trail is five star accommodations compared to our “rustic cabin.” The quarter mile walk at 2:00 AM to use the bathroom sure got old. Just think your North Trail has indoor plumbing. What a luxury!

We’re looking forward to see you and Nancy again.

Howard

dieselsweetheart

John & Nancy...maybe your TT is a step towards the 5...that's what happened to us... but we didn't have a Heartland product before the Bighorn...so not much fun in that... as long as you have the Heartland there's FUN to be had!! I have been to this campground in Rodanthe twice and really enjoyed it. There is a lot to do within driving distance too... the Lighthouse is my favorite. Take the evening tour and climb it.. (if you dare, it's DARK in there)... Wright Bros museum...very nice... hope you have greater luck with the weather than we had in May when we were there. A 36 hour torrential downpour with high winds was no one's idea of a good time!!

We also have a travel trailer and love it. Our goal one day is to have a fifth wheel, but we might have to rethink that in the future after reading your comments here.

Great job, Wagonmaster on such an exciting location! We're really excited to meet y'all. Camp Hatteras's Sound side campground looks like it holds 60+ sites.

-carolinachrissy & clan

Hudson

Rally spaces

Well gang, I only blocked out 25 sites for the VA Fall Rally. Since those are all full now, I'm going to see how many more they can block off for us.

Obviously there are lots of sites at that campground and it is after their peak season. But I'd like to have them block off sites explicitly for us so that we can all stay together rather than have one tight group with the rest of us scattered around the rest of the campground.

I'll post here once I've gotten more sites locked down within our rally group area. Don't worry ... there's plenty of room at the inn ... I just want to try to get us all in the same wing.

Go ahead and keep booking sites for the rally. If anyone gets assigned sites away from the group I'll see if Merrin can juggle things to get everyone into the group's area and we'll let affected people know about any such changes. If you got a campsite away from the group *on purpose* for some reason, then let me or Merrin (or preferably both of us) know so we don't move you.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Extended Stay

Hey Husdon - Hello Gus

I called and extended our stay arriving on the 19th and departing the 27th. Don't worry we'll leave a light on for ya!

boatto5er

Hey Husdon - Hello Gus

I called and extended our stay arriving on the 19th and departing the 27th. Don't worry we'll leave a light on for ya!

You guys are camping machines!:eek: Would you be sure to sweep off our pad before we come in:D?

SmokeyBare

Leaning on my elbows.... sitting here on the edge of my tree Stump... hoping to hear the Park opens more sites....

Sure would be great to spend a little time with our Extended Heartland Family... on the Sea Shore...

Marv

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We're not really camping machines. When your employer gives you vacation and then says use it or lose it, well you know how that's gotta go! I'm just doing what the boss suggests and infuriating him in the process. Thanks to HOC for giving me the reason - the Bighorn for giving me the means - and my infuriated boss for the financial support! BTW, what is this "sweep" you speak of???? Happy Father's Day!

Marv, I hope you get in on this 'cause I feel a little guilty that I can extend and you can't get in yet.

Last edited:

Hudson

Marv

I know that at least one person has very recently canceled so at least one site has come available. No one who calls Merrin should have been turned away...

SmokeyBare

Boat to 5er,

I was able to sign up for the Rally !! After reading Post # 92 I wasn't sure if sites had yet been added... Thank You for helping clear that misinformation up.

I was assigned site # 390.... We look forward to joining you.... Thanks !!!

I sent you a Private message through the fourm...

Last edited:

Hudson

Rally sites left

I had a nice long talk with Merrin today. According to her records we have 29 rigs signed up which means there are at least two rigs attending that have not told Gus or me they are going (not counting Marv because I talked to Merrin after she gave Marv a site so Marv is #29 so far). And the person who I heard had to "cancel" had not yet told Merrin so since he has paid his deposit and not yet canceled with her, that site is still his until he does. Once she gets his cancelation that brings us back to 28 rigs right now.

As far as additional space goes, Merrin says we are practically limited to about 60 rigs due to prior non-rally reservations and due to rig sizes. If for some reason we get more than that she will either have to put part of the group on the other side of the highway, or we will have to see if we can possibly convince the shorter trailers to move to smaller sites in the group area to fit more of the larger rigs in. I'm not sure that will be an issue though since we aren't approaching the 60 mark right now and don't seem likely to hit that number. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.