Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Hudson, I am going to guess that one of the other sites might be my bride and myself on 406. We will plan on arriving on the 23rd and leaving on the
27th. Santha made reservations earlier this week but forget to ask about a site number. We plan on meeting a bunch of new friends.
We still have a few decisions to make about either extending or shortening
our trip but we will be there.
Randy and Santha

jbeletti

Randy/Santha and Marv/Karen - you guys really get around to a lot of Heartland rallies! Giving me a run for my money. Wish I could make this one, Hudson, Dave and Gus are doing a fantastic job by the sound of it.

Jim

jbeletti

I looked into that Dave. Nearest airport to get there from Chicago is not close at all. You guys are in your own world on that strip of land. Very cool though. Have fun.

Jim

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I looked into that Dave. Nearest airport to get there from Chicago is not close at all. You guys are in your own world on that strip of land. Very cool though. Have fun.

Jim

That was probably the idea!!:eek: We'll miss you, but I think we'll have a pretty good time.

boatto5er

Rally Attendee List

Hi Everyone,

Here's the current attendee list for the rally. We're out of sync with the campground on the number of attendees (they show 2 more than us:confused::)), so if you've signed up with the campground and your name is not on the list, please let us know as soon as possible.

forumname, Last & first names, site #
srakers, Akers, Sam and Chrissy 382
Randy Allen, Randy and Santha 406
SouthernNights, Bandstra, Larry and Samantha 388
beasleyrl, Beasley, Roger and Kelley 381
dbylinski, Bylinski, John and Debbie 408
HLJRD1111, Dahlgren, Jim and Harriet 324
trdeal, Deal, Terry and Renee 377
schipperhaven, Ferris, Don and Dot 391
Boat to 5er, Funderburg, Gus and Debra 378
happycampernc & fordtech 2008(Ken), Gallimore, Ken and Marj 326
Hudson, Hendren, Hudson and Tracy 379
cjhicks, Hicks, Calvin and Judy 383
N/A, Hill, Bob and Stephanie 387
Tom J, Johnson, Tom and Sue 392
camperjohn08, Latham, John and Nancy 384
Kashman, Lawrence, Mark and Karen 393
lew2885,Lewis JP and Rita 394
klindgren, Lindgren, Keith and Carol 386
andy, Massengill, Donald and Cynthia 389
candleberryhill, Nelson, Paul and Elaine 376
SmokeyBare, Osborne, Marv and Karen 395
Flying Dutchman, van Opstal, Eric and Dorothy 409
mjatwalker, Walker, Mike and Ann 323
knjp123, Wolbeck, Kevin and Nelly 325
Rdreamva, Worsman, Gary and Paula 385
davebennington, Yocum, Dave and Julie 407

Sorry for the alignment - my nice excel table didn't paste very neatly.

Gus

Hey Gus,

Thanks for taking such good care of this group!

Since this is our first rally, I'm wondering if we'll all get a list of these names and sites when we get there, so that we will know who's in our Rally and who isn't.

Hudson

Rally site list

Merrin is faxing me her official list of who is in what site. As far as the printable list, I will CorelDRAW! up a map with everyone's name on their site location. A handy thing to have. I'll mail that out about a week before the rally because I assume things won't change that much in the last week. I could put a chart/table on the back with site #, name, state, rig type, etc.

Since there will be so many people, I'm going to try to lase some badges for everyone. That means that before the rally I'll be emailing some of you to get names of children, etc (and ask permission to make name badges for your children). Since I am horrible at names, I am hoping to get the kind of badges you can wear several days in a row. Yes, I am so bad with names that I could spend an entire weekend talking with someone interesting and not remember their name. At other times I could meet someone, hear their name once, and remember it forever. I dunno, but I really like name tags, and yes, if you are wearing one I will probably look at it more than once during a single conversation. Consider it a compliment that I like you enough to try extra hard to learn your name :)

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Hudson, If you are going to the expense of name tags or other items along that line let the group chip in and pay the cost. This was brought up in a conservation I had with David Yocum in goshen about this Rally. He mentioned that there might be some costs. I do not have a problem with contributing to the event. The worst thing to happen to an organizer is to have to do all the work and then end up having to foot the bill. Let all of the group share the costs. Let us all work to a very enjoyable September weekend on the outer banks. Randy

Jim & Harriet

hi all...
with everything that you are doing why not let each site make their own family name-tags. that way no one has to buy or make all of them. they certainly do not have to be elaborate. just large enough to read easily.
just a thought...

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hudson, If you are going to the expense of name tags or other items along that line let the group chip in and pay the cost. This was brought up in a conservation I had with David Yocum in goshen about this Rally. He mentioned that there might be some costs. I do not have a problem with contributing to the event. The worst thing to happen to an organizer is to have to do all the work and then end up having to foot the bill. Let all of the group share the costs. Let us all work to a very enjoyable September weekend on the outer banks. Randy
I agree.I have been in the position of organizing something and then also end up with some additional costs that no one else seem to realize were there. Renee and I are not opposed to helping out.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Name Badges

Hudson & Gus

If you want help with this one - I got everything you need no cost to you at all! Maybe a wonderful design too! Let me know

boatto5er

Hudson & Gus

If you want help with this one - I got everything you need no cost to you at all! Maybe a wonderful design too! Let me know

This could be good practice for getting things rolling with your new chapter! Thanks for the offer. I'll talk to Hudson.

jbeletti

Badges from Too Crazy Ladies

While not everyone's style, the Too Crazy Ladies (575-525-0141) make badges for many RV clubs and they worked with me on a design where they place a full-color sticker of the Heartland Owners Club logo onto a piece of plastic permanent badge material. Then they engrave onto that with the club name, your club number etc.

I have a single badge. Here's what mine is similar to. It has a pin-style clip on the back-side:
HEARTLANDSQUAREbadge-150.gif

Here's what many club members had made while at the rally in Goshen. A 5th wheel badge with club number engraved, a name hanger badge plus a hanger for each Heartland rally they've been to:
HEARTLANDrallyBADGE-250.gif

They ship these badges as well.

Jim

Hudson

Reservation deadline

Camp Hatteras has let us know that the deadline for signing up for the Fall Rally is August 24. So while there is no urgent, "drop what you're doing now" kind of rush, it means you should not wait until the last minute. If you are sitting on the fence about this, just sign up anyway. You only have to put down $45 to hold your site and Merrin says she will refund a deposit if you need to cancel.

If you wait until after 8/24 to sign up, you can still get any available space, but you will pay the regular price which is *substantially* more expensive.

Hudson

Open fires

I just learned something from Merrin about fires at the campground. There is a rule (law actually) which says "no open fires" within the campground.

However, apparently you are permitted to have open pit fires on the ocean beach if it is low tide and you dig your fire pit below the high tide line. (That way when the tide comes back in the ocean will clean the fire pit away).

I have no idea what time the tides will be but will find a tide chart as the rally gets closer. They will probably even know the tide schedules at the camp office.

Depending upon the tides, this could be good news for open fire lovers and weenie/marshmallow roasters. Not a lot of help for those who want to grill steaks and bake potatoes on an open fire

HowardBJr

HowardBJr
I just made my reservation and will be in site 405. We will not have our Heartland by then so I’ll be in a tent. I’m not sure if my tent will be an upgrade to the “rustic cabin” we had at the spring rally or not. I get a full hookup so I guess it’s an upgrade. Well at least site 405 is closer to the restroom than the rustic cabin was.:D I’ll be by myself since Kathy has to work that weekend and Rosie will stay home to keep her company.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Howard

Jim-n-Leslie

We have a site!

Leslie and I are glad to announce we have our site -- we'll be at site 395. We will be arriving on 24 Sep :D and are planning on heading back to VA Beach on 27 Sep :(. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there with our new 5th wheel and our first RV Rally!
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.