Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Wow, I have to read the forum to find out my scheduling secretary didn't put video taping appointments on my calendar. I wonder if he knows I'll be busy sweeping Gus' pad at that time??? At least we have concrete. It will be much easier than turning over all those rocks. :eek::eek::D If I understand you right I need a more meg on the video card to tape Gus from start to finish.:D

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Changing the subject for a minute.A couple months ago someone ask if anyone had a portable firepit to use at the ralley. I offered to bring ours. Is it going to be needed? I will be glad to bring it and some wood. But I don't want to haul it down there if there is not going to be time for it or a need.

Roger & Janet Burnham will be coming in our new North Trail travel trailer, we will be coming with our daughter and son-in-law so we will be in sites 207 & 208. We look forward to meeting some of you.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Welcome aboard Roger and Janet. Look foward to meeting you guys too. This is going to be a great event!! Have a safe trip.

Mike

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Roger & Janet Burnham will be coming in our new North Trail travel trailer, we will be coming with our daughter and son-in-law so we will be in sites 207 & 208. We look forward to meeting some of you.

Welcome. We look forward to meeting you. What day are you coming in?

Gus

timdebs

Gus, this is our first rally along with some others that have signed up, what do we need to bring or be prepared to do, example I read Hudson's message about a rig decorating and different tours, etc?

boatto5er

Gus, this is our first rally along with some others that have signed up, what do we need to bring or be prepared to do, example I read Hudson's message about a rig decorating and different tours, etc?

As you saw in Hudson's other thread, the theme for the rally is Hawaiian. Plan on decorating your rig/campsite in a Hawaiian theme if you want to(this is strictly optional, but I believe we will award a prize for the best decorations - judges and criteria TBD).

There will be two "Brand New" 2010 Heartland trailers on display, but we would also like for owners of 2010 models to make them available for others to see also. I believe that is set up for 2:00 Saturday afternoon. We'll follow that with a tour of anyone's trailer that wants to show the modifications they've made to their rigs (this is usually a popular event).

Bring hawaiian attire (shirts, flip flops, sunglasses, grass skirts:eek:, etc) to wear (weather permitting:D), but not mandatory.

I would recommend bringing paper plates, napkins, and plastic cutlery enough for each meal just in case it's needed. We will need some, but probably not all. Bring enough drinks (for meals or "otherwise") for your use for meals and other times. We will supply some drinks at the dinners, but again, it may not be enough for everyone. As pointed out by Hudson, we are splitting the pot-luck over Friday and Saturday, so you will only prepare a pot-luck dish for one of the two nights. Other meals will be on your own (except Sun breakfast which is a BYO group get-together).

Otherwise, bring anything you would normally take with you for a week-end camping trip. We have a pretty ful day Saturday, but there will also be relaxing, shooting the breeze, napping time available.

Hope this helps clarify things for all the "first-timers". The mail point is that you can't go wrong. If you don't have the inclinations to decorate, don't worry about it. If you forget your forks, don't worry, there will be some available. The main idea is to relax, keep it simple, and most importantly - get out, meet, and talk with your fellow Heartland owners - and have a GREAT TIME:).

Hudson

First timers / what to bring

You've probably seen the agenda by now and you've gotten the message about food cooking hopefully.

There will also (shortly) be another announcement that details some of the contests and events in way that will help you know what kinds of things you might want to bring.

Nothing is mandatory (except bringing something to the pot luck I guess). You don't have to decorate, you don't have to dress Hawaiian. Those things are just ways to make the rally more fun for yourself and others.

The main purpose of a rally is to meet other RVers. Your first rally might seem ominous at first, but it is just a lot of fun. The reason people sometimes add themes to the rally is to spice it up and make it more fun. But the theme is not the purpose, it is just the spice.

timdebs

Thanks for the info guys, Hudson Debbie and I will email you tonight don't know how to cook hawiian but will try anything once. Gus, sure am looking forward to some hawiian lobsters and/or crawl dads :)

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks for the info guys, Hudson Debbie and I will email you tonight don't know how to cook hawiian but will try anything once. Gus, sure am looking forward to some hawiian lobsters and/or crawl dads :)

See Gus, I'm not the only one that heard you mention VA Rally Lobsters...:rolleyes:
Y'all have fun..wish I could make it.:(

We found your thread while looking for campground recommendations for Hatteras. We were planning a trip for the last week in September and would love to meet other Heartland owners. It’s short notice but we were wondering if there are any sites left and if we could join your rally?

boatto5er

We found your thread while looking for campground recommendations for Hatteras. We were planning a trip for the last week in September and would love to meet other Heartland owners. It’s short notice but we were wondering if there are any sites left and if we could join your rally?

Hi Bill & Kathy! I believe there are sites available. Call the campground at 252 987-2777. Ask for Merrin. She is the Rally coordinator. I believe she will be there Wednesday after 3:00pm. Tell her you are new to the club and want to attend the Heartland rally. She should be able to get you a site (we are on the sound side of the campground in the 300/400 area). The official rally dates are Sept 25-27, but we have folks starting to arrive as early as Sat, the 19th! Several of us are coming in on the 23d, and many more on the 24th. There are also a few of us staying over through Monday, the 28th. When you get your site# (make sure they give you one), email me at: g_funderburg@yahoo.com (note: there is an underscore symbol between the g and f). I also need your last name, email address, and hometown. Also, check out this thread (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=12166) for more information on our agenda, rally theme, and pot-luck dinners. You'll need to contact Hudson (our Wagonmaster) with dinner info ASAP. You can send him a PM on the forum. We hope you can join us. Contact me with any questions. Hope I didn't throw too much information at you.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Actually Larry, the store has been out of Lobster Helper, but I did spot a box of Alligator Helper!:eek:

Run Fred,Run!!!! A bad man is coming!!!:eek::eek::eek:
FOP036.jpg

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Let me change the subject for a minute. A friend of mine is looking for one of those portable waste water tanks. Anyone coming to the rally at Camp Hatteras next week that has one they would like to sell,please bring it with you.I am sure that my friend would like to buy it.Or send me a private message with your asking price and I will give him a call. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.