anyone pull a 3795 with a 3/4 ton ?

ihsolutions

I agree it's too much trailer and not enough truck. Your truck will scale in at considerably more than 7k especially loaded with passengers, fuel, fifth wheel hitch in the bed, etc.

Get a trailer with less pin weight, you'll be glad you did.

jasons09cyclone

I have an 08 f250 with air bags towing a 42' cyclone four years now and still sometime forget that 19000 pound trailer is even back there. At the scales I measured in at 7,500 lbs on the rear axle of the truck which is the max that the 3,750 lbs per tire can carry.. The total weight of every thing was 27,400 lbs. but an f250 and 350 are the same trucks besides the gear ratio and the overload spring. Unless I'm wrong...

jnbhobe

Your about 4100lbs over on your combination weight, your rear axel is over by 700lbs, and what tire are you useing that is rated at 3750lbs. Just curious ??

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Your about 4100lbs over on your combination weight, your rear axel is over by 700lbs, and what tire are you useing that is rated at 3750lbs. Just curious ??

Jon, the 20" inch E rated Wranglers on my old '08 F250 were rated at 3750 each.

JasonShrout

I'd love to know how often the Police pull trailers over. Over the past 20 years of driving in Texas, I've never seen that happen. I'll just go grab some 4500 doors ;)

Jasons09Cyclone has been doing it with a slightly modified F250 for the past 4 years without any problem. Looks like the route I'll be taking. Not to many decently priced 1 ton dually trucks around here.

jayc

Legendary Member
Just beware of the "gimmee's" like the Chevy GMC I saq this morning towing a very long SOB. The truck was squatted down so deep in the rear the wheels were almost touching the inner fenders. Thats too easy for the police!