ATF: Big Country - slide tray in basement

Bob Vaughn

I want to install a slide tray in the basement of my Big Country 3250TS but am concerned about putting screws thru the floor of my basement and hitting a tank or something. I know it is done so what type of screws are used? Lag screws but how much of the screw is safe to go into the floor?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you have any tanks under that portion of the floor.
But a safe procedure would be to drop a portion the Coroplast in the front and take a look.
Flooring is probably 1/2-3/4 thick, so a 1-1 1/4 inch screw should do the trick.
Just my thoughts.

On edit, you will want to check the height of the tray and height of the bottom of the door opening.
It may require some shim under the tray.
Just something to check.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

GOTTOYS

Somewhere I saw a setup someone made out of some old garage door track and rollers and a wooden tray. It really looked good...Being somewhat frugal, that's often spelled c-h-e-a-p in my case, I though that might make a nice project for the future...Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that 2-1/2 inch figure included foam insulation.
No screw holding strength in foam.

Peace
Dave

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I put a 2 X 4 under each leg of the slide tray and used a wood screw about an inch longer than the wood to secure it to the floor, then attached the leg to the wood.

dbbls59

Remove the basement wall and you can see how thick the floor is. There are cut outs to allow the drains into the tanks. My floor is about 1/2 inch thick.

pegmikef

Would it be more difficult to get the basement wall panels off with a tray installed? My BH has an angled wall on about 1/2 of the basement to accommodate the UDC.

mobilcastle

My mor/ryde tray is near the oposit wall of th UDC. It is very handy. I had to shim mine. I also drilled a hole through the side of the slide and use a bolt when traveling to make sure it does not slide open.