ATF: Bighorn - Drain or vent on 3185RL

BuckO

Just received my 2012 3185RL! I had it delivered, so I did not get the benefit of the dealer walk through. While looking everything over, I noticed two barbed connections coming out over the frame from the underbelly. The one on the passenger side is just behind the axels, the one on the driver side is a little more forward near the axels. What are they for? I had a little water drain from the one on the passenger side when I moved the trailer.

Thanks.

57chevyconvt

The barbed connection over the axle, drivers sided, is normally the fresh water tank drain outlet. The other is probably a drain for water pipes in the rear of the trailer since this is a RL floor plan. Look under the cabinets for the drain valves.

K

karykatz

We have recently changed to a high pressure fresh tank fill system, eliminating the gravity fill. These are vents for the fresh tank. They will act as over flow vents if too much water is put in the tank. It is possible a little water was left in the line when checking the systems.

I hope this helps.

TedS

Kary, I have a 2011 Bighorn with gravity fill. Can it be changed over to pressure fill?

edit: Was the vent moved from the UDC to out the bottom?

BuckO

Thanks for all the help! I have the high pressure tank fill, so that makes sense that they are overflow vents.