ATF: Cyclone - Room Bar replacment

im_1406

Dear Heartland,

I have just been informed by my local rv shop, my room bar on our Cyclone 4200 2015 needs to be replaced and will take 3-4 weeks to receive the part. This is located on the large slide. I'm writing in hopes, through this forum, there is an opportunity to have the part shipped much sooner. We use the coach practically every weekend and had a vacation planned coming up for next weekend 8/14.

Sincerely,
Paul

Roller4tan

were you having issues with the slide? Does the slide still work? If so, I'd use it until the part arrived. I'd also check with heartland to see if the part was even ordered yet.

danemayer

Hi Paul,

You'll find it more productive to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

A lot depends on who makes the part, who warrants the part, and whether it's in stock. Sometimes it's helpful if you're willing to pay expedited shipping cost. I've done that with Dometic. Cost me $25, but the part arrived the next day. Obviously, the dealer needs to cooperate in this because they're placing the order and sometimes when they say 3-4 weeks, it means they're planning on 1 week to place the order, and another week to process the incoming part.

im_1406

Thanks for the phone numbers and suggestions. The room bar is made by Lippert. Unfortunately the slide is not functional as the room bar is pulling away from the flooring of the slide. Very upsetting.

Hi Paul,

You'll find it more productive to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

A lot depends on who makes the part, who warrants the part, and whether it's in stock. Sometimes it's helpful if you're willing to pay expedited shipping cost. I've done that with Dometic. Cost me $25, but the part arrived the next day. Obviously, the dealer needs to cooperate in this because they're placing the order and sometimes when they say 3-4 weeks, it means they're planning on 1 week to place the order, and another week to process the incoming part.

Last edited by a moderator:

alwaysbusy

x2 on what Dan said as a solution. In addition, if you know Lippert makes the bar, I'd contact Lippert Customer Service as they do sell/ship direct. Of course, you'll have to definitively establish the correct part installed. Lippert's number is 574-537-8900.

im_1406

1 month update:
Sad to say, I am Amazingly frustrated with Lippert. They were to ship our "room bar" August 17th (the date came and went). Then with multiple excuses and apologies, they said it would ship August 24 and to make up for complications on their end, they would express ship it. When I received the tracking information, I could see it shipped "4-day economy".....far from "express". Nevertheless, we were excited at least it was in transit. During shipment I contacted my local RV repair shop and arranged for installation based on tracking information. The local RV repair shop called me when it arrived to explain they had to reject receipt of the part......Lippert had welded it BACKWARDS! Our saga continues as we go back to the beginning of the process of waiting for Lippert to fabricate and ship all over again. We have missed the heart of our camping season and have had to cancel multiple trips and reservations.

im_1406

Last update:
We are back in business. Interesting note....the photo below shows the replacement room bar. Notice it is Chanel Iron.... The original build was the same except Lippert cut the channel down the middle, essentially causing it to be weak and without integrity. With as often as we camp, no wonder the slide room bar bent. iPhone photos post sideways....apologies.

It it may be worth others taking a look at their mechanism and keeping an eye on things....especially if the bar is cut down the middle.

Back to the good life :)image.jpg