ATF: Cyclone - Stowing Tables

Riski

Where do we stow our three table when we are on the move? We found them under the mattress after we bought the RV (the dealer didn't know they were there. Should we stow them there when moving? How do we keep them from moving? They had bands that were stapled down. Any suggestions?

Appleguy

On my Road Warrior 30 C, we place them under the mattress on the top bed in the garage. Ours has a nylon strap that is suppose to hold them in place. The large table for the garage area is a bit difficult to remove. Usually takes two of us to avoid damaging something. Be careful not to drag the table over the edge of the front bed lip as doing so will abrade the edge material.

TXTiger

I too store mine under the matters of the top bed in the garage. The first time I moved they fell from the vibration and just missed my Harley. I now have mine secured with two ratchet straps so they won't move.

Miltp920

We do not use the livingroom table much, so it rides on the top bunk in garage. The table for the garage rides on the bottom bunk. This past trip we added a rubber backed rug to keep the table from moving. We might get some of the stuff my bride puts under the rugs to keep them from moving on our wood floors in the house. It is grippy on both sides. This would keep table from sliding forward. We tried straps and they left marks in cushions. Poles store on bunks too wrapped in blanket.

Riski

Graci! We were thinking of the back upper bunk under the mattress. First exploratory trip starting on the 10th. First Napa for 4 days and three nights then Yosemite for the same. Then, back to work.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We have the upper bunk pinned at the top of the tracks in our Cyclone. We stacked the mattress on the bottom bunk. Two "mattresses" are reported as more comfortable than the single foam pad. We found that we prefer 2 TV tables to the furnished kidney shaped table in the living area. These store very nicely between the matresses. I raise the lower bunk til the mattress stack starts pressing against the upper bunk.

ILH

I used to store the tables under the top mattress, but aside from the difficulty in getting them down, I was worried about them flying forward in an emergency stop.

I now store them upright against the back ramp, with winch straps keeping them in place. I have carpet on the floor, so they don't rub. They are very secure. Takes only 30 seconds to move when I get to a site.

oscar

Salon tables are wrapped in a blanket and behind the couch. Garage table used to ride on lower bunk, with a strap and some pieces of plywood in the hinges of the seat backs so it can't slide forward. Now it sits in the garage as we didn't use it.