ATF: Sundance - Fresh tank wont fill FIXED!

guitarpicr

Hey all- We went camping last weekend & had trouble filling the fresh water holding tank. Couldnt get more than about 15 gallons in it. So we got to our spot & got set up, and I pulled the access door in the front pass thru. Found the fill hose kinked badly next to furnace. Disconnected same & re-routed it & got the kink out & thought I had the problem solved as it was about 90% kinked. Well started to fill again after borrowing 100' hose from the host, & filled about 15 or 20 gallon & started coming out the fill hose. Then it hit me. I realized that I wasnt hearing any gurgling out of the vent hose, so I pulled it off & tried to blow thru it with no luck. Finally got out my mini air pump & viola, got the blockage broke loose. It has never filled so quick since new, actually We think that the fill hose may have been partially kinked since day one . Hopefully this will help someone else on down the road. Happy Camping to all !

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: ATF: Sundance - Fresh tank wont fill

Kinks and droops in the fill hose will inhibit filling the tank, along with a blocked vent line. Some of us have used lengths of hose shoved down the fill line to get it done.

sjs731

I had that problem with my Sundance. It was water in the vent line. I got a piece of small diameter hose that would fit in the small vent hole and blew the water out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

guitarpicr

Kinks and droops in the fill hose will inhibit filling the tank, along with a blocked vent line. Some of us have used lengths of hose shoved down the fill line to get it done.
I forgot to mention that after re-routing the fill hose I cut about 6" off of it as it was going around one of the heater supply pipes & it did'nt need to be. Do you guys think that the vent line may be too long and trapping water ? I need to go out & try & fill it again tomorrow to make sure it is fixed.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I forgot to mention that after re-routing the fill hose I cut about 6" off of it as it was going around one of the heater supply pipes & it did'nt need to be. Do you guys think that the vent line may be too long and trapping water ? I need to go out & try & fill it again tomorrow to make sure it is fixed.

Could be. I've only put water in my tank once, since we are normally on a full hookup seasonal site. And then, I had to jam a piece of hose down the fill tube. If I get ambitious, I might drop the coroplast and see what it looks like.

guitarpicr

Just to update -Went out this afternoon & filled it up & all is good. Fills faster than it ever did. Thanks for the fast replies.

mobilcastle

Mine was not filling right either. I opened the basement and straightened out that part of the hose, then I dropped part of the chloroplast to access the lines and taped and stapled the tape to the underside of the floor to get the right level for good flow-has worked well since. My DW loves these projects.:cool: I might add I cut my basement access panel in 1/2 by the UDC and remounted so I can see what goes on behind the panel for leaks & so forth without having to pull the panel-I have had to pull that panel many times in the past.