ATF: Sundance - Rear camera mount on 2880 RLT

DJC523

Hi,
I would like to mount a rear wired camera but am nervous about drilling through the back wall. Can I get a pic somewhere of the framing and wiring in the rear wall of the 2016 2880RLT? I'd like to mount it on the exterior just under the center top running light but would rather not just poke a drill through blind. Any help would be appreciated!
Doug Cousins

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Doug, you could remove the center clearance light and take a peek in the hole to find out what is back there.
Might be the best way to do it as you will most likely need to use that hole when fishing the camera wire.

Peace
Dave

DJC523

SundanceRearWall.jpg
Thanks Dave, I may try that, though I hate to break the weather seal. I suppose silicone is easy enough to re-apply though. I also was able to grab a frame from a video of the Gateway/Sundance plant tour on the Heartland site (attached). Hopefully that will help too.

Thanks again for the reply,
Doug

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at that picture it looks like you might have a challenge running the wire. If you have a flat rear cap that aluminum framing might get in the way.
If you have a cabinet over the rear window you might have to utilize its space for running your cable.

Peace
Dave