Awning Airwedge

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you bring in the slides every now and then, it takes care of the water and also lubricates the workings of the slides. Doing this takes care of 2 things with one touch of the button. or 2 I guess. :]

Bobby A

I have friends that blow up a beach ball and tuck it up under there, it seems to work for them and its easy to store when not in use.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For a lot less money, you can make a knock-down support from PVC pipe and fittings that does the same thing. Either way, you'll still have to get on a ladder to install it. My slides remain extended from May to September, normally.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I actually paid money for a pvc device that would keep the water from pooling on the slide awning. It is a pita to assemble and use and I hate having to get out a ladder to put it up there. Besides it stretches the awning. I find it is easier to just move in the slide and then back out. Simple and no climbing ladders. Note: I wasted my money on the PVC device.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't know what to say. I can put my awning support in place in about 5 minutes. It supports the awning but does not stretch it (it's already slack) because I sized it for the height I needed. The three supports fit in a plastic shopping bag and the cross-members get stored on the ceiling of the basement (broom handle clips). My slides stay extended all summer and don't seem to mind. I wipe the piston rods with a cloth and apply a silicone spray which seems to make them happy. The seals don't need any lubrication on them and I don't have any leaks.

OK, I do have to pull out my ladder and get up on it, but I still physically can. When I lose that ability, it'll be time to lose the Bighorn.