Backed into a tree!

Georgia_Biker

OK - I won't go into all of the details because I am totally embaressed and then sick on top of it. My beautiful Big Horn 3410RE is less than a year old and I have backed the rear corner into a tree. The damage is minor but there is a dent and slightly cracked fiberglass.

Does anyone know a place in the Atlanta, GA area that repairs 5th wheels?

Got to fix it!

Thanks

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Larrry,

I know it won't make you feel any better but you are not the first nor last to back into something. Mine happended to be a Camaro...:( I'm not sure what the current capabilities are but I used to do quite a bit with PICO Campers now located in Stone Mountain when I lived in Snellville. I'll bet they can at least steer you in the right direction as to who does good fiberglass work in the area. I know all too well about the sick feeling when you make a mistake with the Bighorn in tow.

Phil

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Its OK. I bet that tree was smaller than the house we backed ours into the first night we brought it home. That cost us a ladder, a new set of FRS radios (that is what stopped working in mid backup), and a lot of laughing from the neighbors we backed into...

Kristy

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Larry,
Don't feel too bad. Many folks have been there.
I tore about eight feet off at the edge of my rubber roof a few years ago on an Oak tree.
I promise it'll get better once it's fixed and you don't have to look at it. Trace

Westwind

Don't rule out a boat retailer who could turn you onto a fiberglass outfit that could do the repair for you, they also are used to customer's who poke holes in fiberglass hulls and can do great work. Good Luck

Georgia_Biker

Hi Larrry,

I know it won't make you feel any better but you are not the first nor last to back into something. Mine happended to be a Camaro...:( I'm not sure what the current capabilities are but I used to do quite a bit with PICO Campers now located in Stone Mountain when I lived in Snellville. I'll bet they can at least steer you in the right direction as to who does good fiberglass work in the area. I know all too well about the sick feeling when you make a mistake with the Bighorn in tow.

Phil

Phil-

Thanks for the suggestion of PECO Campers in Stone Mountain - I know where they are - will let you know how it turns out

MTPockets

I have never backed into anything! That site marker actually leaned over and caught my lower side panel, creating a three foot long by three inch wide scratch.

Everybody is somebody in Snellville! We moved to Washington from Snellville when we retired. We are newbies in the trailer life and expecting at least a dent or scratch (or worse) before too long.

priorguy

My Coleman tent trailer barely fit through the door of my old garage. I ripped the light, power cord door, and drain cap off the side. DW was a little slow on the warnings. I keep telling myself that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Wow, you must have been there around the same time as me! We also always heard "Where's Loganville?" OK so if we want to continue on the horror stories of pulling a Big Rig, I wasd leaving Charlotte Motor Speedway after a race weekend. As I got to the end of the aisle we were camped in, it came out to a T. To my right was a large tree, straight ahead a motorhome and on my left was a trailer. I pulled wide to make my left trun watching all along the location of the motorhome and the tree. I know I was wide on the trailer to me left. As I carefully watched my mirrors, I suddenly heard a VERY LOUD crash and instinctivley hit the brakes. I get out of thye truck to find the travel trailer awning punched through the big window onthe off door side of my camper with a big scrach down the side. As sickenss sets in, I am realizing the damage was to the other guys awning as the tube and down rod was twisted and broken. AND he was fron out of town and would not be able to leave until I got his awning repaired.

Well, we learn from these experiences. I learned that I sit much more squarely on my seat as my wallet is now MUCH thinner. I also learned to watch ALL mirrors and it just doesn't pay to get upset by all of it. If we are going to enjoy this lifestyle, we ARE going to make mistakes, we ARE going to have our pride bruised and damaged but... We will get over it and tell the stories to anyone that will listen!

Good luck on the repairs Georgia Biker. I hope we can get together sometime when I am back in Loganville and / or a rally soon. (Don't forget the SC rally coming up in Sept!)

Phil

Everybody is somebody in Snellville! We moved to Washington from Snellville when we retired. We are newbies in the trailer life and expecting at least a dent or scratch (or worse) before too long.

shane1234

You may want to check out RV World of GA off Hamilton mill along I85. They have their own paint and body dept.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Let's just say it was a $7,000.00 lesson! Not going to go there but suffice to say always look up! Think constantly and take nothing for granted!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
OK - I won't go into all of the details because I am totally embaressed and then sick on top of it. My beautiful Big Horn 3410RE is less than a year old and I have backed the rear corner into a tree. The damage is minor but there is a dent and slightly cracked fiberglass.

Does anyone know a place in the Atlanta, GA area that repairs 5th wheels?

Got to fix it!

Thanks

I suspect most of us have had an incident we're not proud of. Let's just say my over the air antenna will nor raise or lower using the hand crank in the bedroom anymore and leave it at that...:angel: