bedroom slide "tilt"

twohappycampers

Hello there! Sorry if this isn't the right forum to be using. We have a Big Country 3450TS, bought 2 months ago. Anyway, I'm sure the bedroom slide can be adjusted, but don't know if we can do it or the dealer? Or is it normal? The edge of the bedroom slide, by the stairs, sits tight against the wall along the side edge at the top, but then it appears to come away from the wall leaving a gap and by the time you come to the bottom there is a gap approx. 1 inch wide, revealing a black metal strip with screws.

Any info anyone can give us would be much appreciated. :)

jimtoo

Hi twohappycampers,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share if needed.

If your not to far from dealer, I would take it to his service,, should not take long to do. I would hope if that is all you have he would do it while you wait. If you feel comfortable twisting bolts and following instructions this is link to manuals here on the Heartland Owners Forum site.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

mbolton

Hey twohappy, did you adjust your slide? I, too, have this issue, only I am probably out almost 2 inches. The manuals jimtoo refers to did not help me either.

twohappycampers

Hey twohappy, did you adjust your slide? I, too, have this issue, only I am probably out almost 2 inches. The manuals jimtoo refers to did not help me either.

Hey there! We had the dealer adjust the slide. It is now straight instead of tilted, with an equal gap top to bottom and you now can see the black metal strip all the way along.:eek: The slide was making a louder-than-normal "bang" when it was extended/retracted, and his adjustment fixed that. Now apparently the slide sits the way it should. Which is great!

A "gap" that reveals the metal strip is normal, that#s as far out as the slide goes. All of the slides sit somewhat away from the inside walls, not flush, if you check. The wooden strip that is made to cover the gap in that one area is just too narrow to do the job. It doesn't bother me enough to try to put in a wider strip or anything.

Two inches you say? Mine would appear to be a two-inch gap too, if there was no wooden strip to partially cover it. Maybe yours is missing the wooden strip? If it#s an even two-inch gap, maybe it#s okay. Maybe someone else can jump in.

That#s my story anyways. :)

goodtruck

I had the same tilt on ours.I had to pull the top off the bed frame(head of the bed) to see how to adjust it.The adjustment was real easy.However on our ER I had to use a jack on the outside edge of the slide to hold it level while I did the adjustment on the inside.From start to finish it took me about 2 hours and I learned a lot on how our unit works were you can't see it.

ncc1701e

Looks as if I've joined this group with bedroom slide issuse. We just returned from a trip of 4450 miles and on the last stop our slide really started popping when extended or retracted. On inspection at the house, I noticed one side had dropped and the seal was torn a little on the bottom. I have the trailer scheduled for service on next Monday. I am just wonderning how Heartland is going to be with this repair. There is not a repair facility within 300 miles of me and I'll be taking it to a dealer I've come to know and respect. Heartland says it will pay for their standard shop time for "This Repair". I'll be this winds up costing me just like other repairs have and the warranty never pays a thing. The trailer is 9 months old. We love our trailer, but I hate dealing with service.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Is this "trusted" dealer a HL dealer?? If not then....you or the dealer (repair shop) need to contact HL with pix and what is wrong before they start the work. HL will/ has to authorize the work to be done and then the repair can be completed. This is how its done. Any other way you might have to pay up front. Even if you pay up front...contact HL service and ask for a reimbursment. Make sure you have all the "T"s crossed and "I"s dotted first. You should call HL service yourself and discuss any warrenty issues you have had to pay for. Somethings have a 90 day warrenty.