Big Step - Ordered the truck.

Bohemian

I have the VIN. The "truck" is at the "Gateline Schedule Station" ready to be scheduled for assembly. Highly speculative est ship date, Dec 3

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Good luck...it took them five weeks to get ours built....then it took over NINE weeks to get it delivered!!!

mobilcastle

Did you order a 4x2 or a 4x4. If 4x2 I was wondering what your thought process was on that? I think I could have a 4x2. Have fun with your new toy!!
We ordered the 3500 DRW Silverado LTZ CC in Ruby Metallic with sun roof, driver alert package, tow package, bed liner, curt 24k hitch, heated/cooled seats, side steps and step rails, LED bed lighting, etc...can't remember everything off the top of my head, but don't think we missed much...LOL!

But get this...dealer placed the order and when we went over the specs of what they built way back on 9/3...we discovered that GM screwed up and installed a rear entertainment system, which we did NOT want, nor did we order. GM is eating that cost of course!!

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I know you will love your new Dodge truck . . .

I've been a Dodge truck guy for over 30 years (have had five of them over the years), but economics got in the way and forced me to go Chevy three months ago.

I had one of the GM cars (2010 Chevy Cobalt) that had so many recalls on it that the Chevy dealer offered me huge savings if I traded in the recall-laden car . . . so I took it!

Now I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 for just over three months and about 5200 miles on it . . . and so far I love it!

DodgeLastTime-IMG_20140901_194212486.jpg Camper10767.jpg EstesPark-IMG_2845.jpg TaosTruckAtGorge-P1020821.jpg SDCampsite-IMG_0546.jpg SandDunesCampsite-P8167070.jpg TruckCamperHomeDepot-IMG_20140828_132314121.jpg Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg TruckTopper-IMG_20141004_142131159.jpg TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg TrucksCampersHomeDepot-IMG_20140828_131846186.jpg NewTruckTrailerLevel-IMG_20140918_130913251.jpg

That Vortec 6.0 Litre gas engine and 4.10 rear end is awesome!

And, I have to say, for the first time in years . . . I think I actually like the looks of the new Chevy trucks more than the Dodge Ram trucks (DOH!)!

My new Chevy truck will serve my purpose for the next several years, but when it is time for a new truck, I will look at Dodge again . . . but will also consider Chevy, as my new truck has so far impressed me immensely (have only towed my trailer once) as it pulled my trailer over the Continental Divide without issue.

Like I said . . . I've been a Dodge Ram guy over the years (five Dodge trucks since 1977) and three Ford trucks (not very impressed) . . . so I love Dodge trucks . . .

My new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD is the first GM truck that I've ever owned (but not the first GM vehicle I've had) . . .

But in three months and 5200 miles and one trailer pull . . . so far my new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 has impressed me beyond belief and I love it!

Will I pick Dodge or Chevy next time . . .Yes . . . !

I'll let you know in 5-7 years!

But I can't say which right now.

While I miss my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 that had 164,000 miles on it (pictured above and my most favorite and longest owned vehicle I've ever had ever and am still shedding tears over selling it - first shot above was minutes before the new owner drove it away from my house), the new owner has made three trips hauling his restored car collection from Denver to Rochester, NY without issue (see below *), and he has been keeping in touch with me about the progress of his ventures.

* So far, the only two issues that the new owner of my old 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 is that the dash headlight switch shorted out and one of the headlights burned out (which I think both had to do with his car trailer wiring) . . .

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
One reason Ram HD trucks take some time to deliver, they are made in Saltillo, MX

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...2!3m1!1s0x86880d502a033fe9:0x8fb2c3e3a7f60471

They must pass through customs.

One thing I have to say about my 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD . . . it was made in Ft. Wayne, Indiana (according to the sticker on the drivers door)!

And in just over 5000 miles on it . . . so far it has been awesome!

My beloved 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 said on the sticker - Parts made in the USA . . . Truck assembled in Mexico!

Sold at 164,000+ miles and still running 'Ram Tough!'.

kakampers

She's here...just a couple of pics...What an awesome truck!! So far very much worth the wait!! :):) She really looks great with the Landmark too...

Attachments

• 20141119_155804.jpeg
    20141119_155804.jpeg
    498.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20141119_155858 (1).jpg
    20141119_155858 (1).jpg
    277 KB · Views: 65

GOTTOYS

Great color! Mine is black..Are those the factory step tubes? Mine are the 6" square ones. I like those better...I have only put about 200 miles on mine but I'm pretty impressed so far. You will be too...Don

kakampers

Thanks...yes, they were an option to the 6" square tubes. So far we can't believe how different and upgraded this truck is from the 2011!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim...is that only if registered, or if you are driving it in Texas?

It's part of a the Texas State Transportation Code, required just like working lights, wipers, horn, etc.

We were pulled over and given a warning by local police, about 9 mo. after buying our dually (used, originally from Arkansas). We were not towing at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Mud flaps on duallys are required for Texas state inspection. Some other states do not require them. But they will keep lots of rocks from chipping the paint on the 5er.

Glad he is putting them on for you.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
Talked to the dealer...it was an oversight and they are ordering them and will install!

Did they pick it up on the special pull quality control?

Are the correct boards long enough to go to the rear wheel? AFAIK, none of the dually trucks have an option to get "usable to the rear wheel" steps.

That QC, did you get paperwork documenting what they did?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
She's here...just a couple of pics...What an awesome truck!! So far very much worth the wait!! :):) She really looks great with the Landmark too...

Sweet! I was "just looking" at the 2015 GMCs online yesterday and saw this red. Love it!

Looks great with the Landmark, almost like a custom paint job to match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk