Big Step - Ordered the truck.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
She's here...just a couple of pics...What an awesome truck!! So far very much worth the wait!! :):) She really looks great with the Landmark too...

Sweet truck!

Love the color . . . looks kinda' like my Ruby Red Metallic 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD!

I opted for the gas engine with the 4.10 rear end as a diesel and dually was overkill for our towing needs right now.

I sometimes wish I had gotten the bigger package with the internet, back-up camera and the front bumper fog lights . . .

Oh well . . .

TruckCamperHomeDepot-IMG_20140828_132314121.jpg Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg NewTruckTrailerLevel-IMG_20140918_130913251.jpg TruckTopper-IMG_20141004_142131159.jpg TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg NewTruckAtCherryCreek-IMG_20140909_183951592.jpg

At least I got the side steps!

porthole

Retired
Ken, check out Duraflaps. Best flaps I found for the aftermarket that were actually big enough to work well.
I ordered my truck with the factory flaps, and Duraflap had probably 50% or more coverage of the tire tread over factory. Different widths available for the for the front as well if you need the protection.

I used the standard 12" fronts, but if I was to reorder I would go with the 14" version. Those dually fenders take a "hit" from the front wheels.

http://www.duraflap.com/

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Thanks Duane...just ordered a set from Duraflap and took your advice...order the 14" for the front. How difficult are they to install?

porthole

Retired
"No holes - existing fasteners" easy enough?

I didn't exactly follow the simple installation.

For the rears I set them as low as I could to offer the most trailer protection. Something you need to check for height with the trailer loaded (not an issue for me as my truck rides at a constant height).

For the fronts, the 14" width may be perfect where the hoes are. But as mentioned prior, if I was installing them today I would put them out as far as was practical. They may look a bit odd, but it has to help with protecting the DRW fenders.
My fenders have a lot of chips on them.
Hopefully with the next truck the 3M film will be available to protect even more.

Bohemian

I noticed you went with the 3.42 vs the 3.73 rear axle. Any particular reason?

I also went with the Aisin transmission which has a much lower low range. The 3.42 with the Aisin has the equivalent 1st gear final drive ration as the 68RFE 1st gear with a 3.99 rear diff.

The two transmissions have the same 4th and 6th gears.

ncrzrbk

Did they give you an explanation or let you know when the truck will be made?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bohemian

It has now been rescheduled. Late in December before Christmas. Once it is built in may go to outside for additional installations of accessories. Then it takes 25 days to ship.

I guess: No Pain. No Gain

jdfishing

Pretty much like every other company this time of year. They neglect the holiday effect when making promises. Ahhh, but it will be that much sweeter when it arrives.

gtsum2

Mine took six weeks from order to delivery. The online status updates were way off. It showed final step and next thing I know the dealer called and said it was sitting in the lot:). I think the stays updated to delivered stays about two weeks after I had the truck. The biggest issue is trucks sitting in the hard in Baltimore backed up....have heard horror stories on the cummins forum about trucks sitting there for weeks:(

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD was manufactured in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, according to the sticker on the inside of the drivers door.

I bought it off of the lot . . . so no waiting!

TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg TruckTopper-IMG_20141004_142131159.jpg Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg NewTruckAtCherryCreek-IMG_20140909_183951592.jpg

My previous truck, a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500, was assembled in Mexico, according to the sticker in the door.

porthole

Retired
have heard horror stories on the cummins forum about trucks sitting there for weeks:(

It is not uncommon with Super Duties to sit in a rail yard for 2-3 weeks. Ford just isn't going to send one pickup on an otherwise empty rail car. My truck sat for 3 weeks until there were enough trucks to come to the north east corridor.
There is a reason the manufacturers tell us 8-12 weeks.

Long before we had all the access to info it was just wait for the phone call.
The Ford guys are really chomping. On the Ford Truck Enthusiast we have a Ford rep that will do almost daily checks for us on truck status once you have a window sticker - which you can now see when you truck is scheduled for assembly.

Think it is bad waiting for a truck or RV?

Try ordering a Harley Screamin Eagle!
Currently in my area if you want a very limited SE Road Glide, you need to have dealer willing to work with you, take your request, put you name down on the one bike they have coming in (maybe you even get to choose the color).
My local dealer's last new product order date was October 14th, for which they were allowed two bikes, they have an anticipated delivery date of January or February!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Our new Chevy took nine weeks from manufacture to delivery.....only took five weeks from order to manufacture....didn't think we'd ever get it!

sengli

I just did some searching with the local dealers and found a gem. Got the tow package, 3.73 gearing, and the upgraded interior, push button start I craved.

Attachments

• IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 54