Bighorn - empty tube for fresh water tank (drain)

wrehfield

Recent owner of Big Horn 3580RL 2009 model. Hope this isn't a stupid question, but where do I find a valve or hose that will empty the water out of my fresh water tank, after dry camping? Thanks, all.
Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Geodude

There should be a line hanging down from just behind the rearmost axle. You may have to get down on your knees to see it, it will likely be a good arm's reach under.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If you just recently purchased it, the previous owners may not have left you the sewer hoses.

You get them in the RV section at Wal*Mart (in the automotive section) or at Camping World or any RV dealership.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The drain line might be forward of the left side of the front axle. Mine is and has an angle fitting on it.

chasdvorak

I have a 2009 BigHorn 3580RL and Geodude sent you to the right area. Mine is located in the center between the axles. The drain valve is fed by a blue length of PEX tubing and my valve is pretty tight since I don't use the fresh tank on a steady basis. I use one hand to support the valve/PEX and the other hand to turn the valve so I don't weaken the PEX crimp which could cause a leak.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sorry . . . I was talking about the sewer drains above.

You should find it on the off-door site between the axles right behind the tires.

ProwlerFreshDrain-P1000181.jpg

Blue pipe hanging right in front of the rear axle.

Jimnkarens

Another question along the same topic...I see the blue line with the valve hanging from the bottom near the wheel. But there is another blue tube with an elbow that comes through the frame just above the same wheel. Could this be a vent for the fresh water tank?image.jpeg

Noofear

Another question along the same topic...I see the blue line with the valve hanging from the bottom near the wheel. But there is another blue tube with an elbow that comes through the frame just above the same wheel. Could this be a vent for the fresh water tank?View attachment 47510
It's your vent/overflow for your freshwater tank.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk