Bourbon Tour Find

floridarandy

Bourbon Trail Find

Ok, so I haven't seen this request for help on the Forum...and it doesn't really fit into the H.O.T.E.L. category of assistance but here goes.

In November I flew up to Lexington, KY with an older friend to tour the Bourbon Trail. We thoroughly enjoyed the Kentucky countryside, history, distillery tours and tastings. He'd introduced me to bourbon a few years ago and we'd wanted to tour the Maker's Mark distiliary in Loretto, KY.

During our tours we discovered a new bourbon, called Larceny, released in September by Heaven Hill distilliary in Bardstown. Its a "wheated" bourbon, simliar to Maker's Mark, that we both enjoyed so much we brought back a case of 750ml bottles in our checked luggage.

We've now discovered the initial release was only in Kentucky, Ohio, South Carolina and perhaps a few other states nearby...but not in Florida! Time will tell when and if it will show up here.

So, if you can find it where you live...and are going to be in Florida this winter...maybe the RV Supershow or the Florida Chapter Rally in Williston in March...we need to talk. I'm happy to send the money to have you deliver a couple of cases (1.75l -6 bottles to a case) to us here.

Long shot....but thought I'd try. And if you like bourbon and have access to Larceny give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

Randy in Florida

Last edited:

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Randy,
I will be heading up to Wisconsin from Georgia at some point before the FL rally (which we will be at) and will be driving close to the Distillery and would be happy to stop. I can let you know exact dates as soon as I have a better idea.

Thanks for the opportunity to stop at a distillery!

Paul

GOTTOYS

Fat chance that whiskey will ever find it's way to Florida..LOL..Merry Christmas, Paul and Sue, see you next Summer..Don

floridarandy

Paul -

THanks for the offer. If you'll give me your route through Kentucky I'll make it even easier. It may actually be easier and less expensive to arrange to buy it at a liquor store. Just like the wine country in California, purchases at the distilliary is often more expensive.

Now, if you want to visit a distilliary I can tell you that we spent 4 days in the bourbon country and enjoyed every minute. Several were on the historic register and truly worth visiting even if you don't care about bourbon. Also found two Diners, Drive-ins and Dives restaurants (of Food Channel Fame) in the area too. The bourbon trail is only about 50 miles east to west and 20 miles north to south....west of Lexington and south of Louisville.

Anyone intersted in more info on this area let me know.

And if someone is going through the area before Paul let me know. I'll still follow up with Paul for March but a shipment prior to then would be OK too :).

Randy in Florida
Randy,
I will be heading up to Wisconsin from Georgia at some point before the FL rally (which we will be at) and will be driving close to the Distillery and would be happy to stop. I can let you know exact dates as soon as I have a better idea.

Thanks for the opportunity to stop at a distillery!

Paul

ALF

Fat chance that whiskey will ever find it's way to Florida..LOL..Merry Christmas, Paul and Sue, see you next Summer..Don

Don...what are you talking about? I won't have any pickled bologna to wash down the whiskey with, so I am sure it would last until March if not until summer when we see you!!!!

Merry Christmas to you and Kathy!

ALF

Randy - Keep me posted on whether you find someone else to bring you some Bourbon. I will be heading back to WI in January to take the son back to school and would happy to stop and pick some up for you.

ALF

p.s. Don't listen to Don....you can't trust anyone eats pickled bologna. LOL

VKTalley

Hi Randy,
Glad you liked the Bourbon Trail in KY. I am from that area of Kentucky and if I get up there before the end of January, I will be glad to get the bourbon you are wanting. Malcolm and I are heading to Florida in mid to late January.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
By what I have read in this thread Randy, you better NOT send any money first. Sounds to me like those pickled bologna eating boozers might take advantage of you! You better find you a designated driver and head north! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen Dons pickled Bologna and I don't think anyone would actually eat that stuff.
Looks more like someones biology experiment gone wrong.
Sorry Don, I had to say it.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GOTTOYS

Hee-hee..I still have some left in the fridge. It looks like it might have been alive at one time just laying in the jar like that....Kath, wants to throw it out. I'm thinking I will have to suit up and transport it to a hazardous waste site. Hope the friend that sent it to me doesn't send me some more when he finds out it's gone..Don

floridarandy

Valerie -

Thanks! Both you and Paul have been kind to offer. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Randy

Hi Randy,
Glad you liked the Bourbon Trail in KY. I am from that area of Kentucky and if I get up there before the end of January, I will be glad to get the bourbon you are wanting. Malcolm and I are heading to Florida in mid to late January.