CA to Kansas City Missouri - Best recommended route. Anyone?

DesertThumper

<p>
It seems like we are traveling quite a bit with our new rig setup! This trip is for my brother in laws wedding in or near lockwood Missouri.  We have never been to Missouri. The date of travel will be the last week of July 2014 which allows us to have 3-4 days before the wedding date of August 2, 2014.</p>
<p>
Nearby campgrounds would be helpful too!</p>
<p>
If anyone can suggest a good route or other related suggestions, we would appreciate it.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
Al & Lisa</p>

Last edited:

dbbls59

It would help if you told us where in California you are starting from. CA is a big state. Also, where is Lockwood, Missouri?

DesertThumper

It would help if you told us where in California you are starting from. CA is a big state. Also, where is Lockwood, Missouri?
We would start off from Valencia Ca which would be the Southern side CA. Lockwood from what my wife mention is near Kansas City in Missouri.

Mizmary

I-15 N to I-70 is the most direct route. Not a bad ride, though I-70 might be a bit "fun" with the rig. :) beautiful scenery though. I've done that route many times. Just not with the cyclone.

happykraut

I would look at I40 to Oklahoma City and then pick up I44 towards Joplin. About 1670 miles. Lockwood is about 40 mi NW of Springfield.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Al, personally I would take I 40 (old 66) at Barstow Ca. Otherwise you will have to go through Denver on I 70.

dbbls59

Ah, I found Lockwood. I would stay in Joplin or Carthage in Missouri, not Kansas City. Also I would come across the country on I-40 to Oklahoma City, then take I-44 to Joplin.