Cable operated slides

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
My BH 3585RL had no clock.. However my internal clock always tells me when it is 5:eek:o am or there about. Always ready to go fishing... NO CLOCK NEEDED
I would like to know how to start a new subject on this forum. I went to the BigHorn section and it said it was not accepting new threads... I had a problem with my bed room slide. As some of you know it is cable operated.. I was loking around the outside the other day ans saw a cable just hanging there with a bracket hanging from it. There are 6 screws holding the bracket on and they all had sheared off. I took a screw out of another bracket to see what size it was. It was a # 8 1 inch long. I could not get the broken screw out. So I put the bracket up there just under the top screw marked all of the holes drilled pilot hole and put in #14 screws. Had to remove pulleys from inside to get slack in cable.. The slide goes in and out much smother now. Before it popped and cracked.. I will replace all the screws iin the other 3 brackets this week before they shear off too... If you have cable slides you may want to inspect the brackets and screws.

Larry Keever
Oklahoma City
2011 BH 3585
2010 Ford F-350 Lariet FX4 dually Deisel 6.4

jimtoo

Hi Larry,

I moved your post and started a new thread about your cable operated slide. To start a new subject, just click on "forum", then find the area you want and click on the "Post New Thread" button in the area you want to address.

A few changes are being made to the forum. Like making all slide questions, or questions related to slides in one area. Since almost all the components are the same from one trailer line to the other. It should make it easier to get answers to a question. If you go to the BH area and don't see an area for your question, go to the "Fourm" and find the same area, but it will apply to all most all the units.

I hope this helps. I am not the best at explaining things like this.

Jim M