Cigarettes and Vapor E-Cigs

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
How many people here have switched from the traditional cigarette to a Vapor E-Cig?

I have tried several gas station E Cigs and what a poor alternative. Thought really the Vapor solution wasn't going to work.

Last weekend my buddy sent me to Vapor Essence in Pearland. Now I am a firm believer in the Vapor cig. I have maybe smoked 5 regular cigs since last Saturday. Not a single one in the past three days as well.

One thing is getting use to or finding flavors you will enjoy. Which isn't to hard as you can sample them at a food store.

Here is my collection.
qe5u4y6y.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Great to hear it is working for you. My youngest son switched to the E-cig. He has been using it for 2 weeks now is has not had a regular Camel for 1 week.... Hope everything continues to work for you. And our son also.

Jim M

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Quit a little over 2 years ago cold turkey. Tried all the patches, pills and such. None worked, so just stop all together. Smoked for over 40 years.

traveler44

Everybody has to find their own time and reason to quit. I think that if I had been using any other nicotine products that I never would have quit. I took one chantix Aug. 11th 2013 and quit after 50 years. The Chantix helped me reduce the urge and cut down on the number of cigarettes but I knew from past experience that Chantix would hurt my stomach after a while and I didn't need that along with the other problems I would face while quitting. The best reason that I know for quitting is to think about how much your loved ones need for you to be around. I still wonder if there will ever be a day when I don't want a cigarette again but I am pretty sure that I will never find a reason to smoke again.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My "reason" was finding out I was pregnant thirty years ago...quit four days later...DH quit the next day, both cold turkey! Never touched another one again...best thing we ever did for ourselves, and our son...

Tallyrver

My DW has been "vaping" for about a year. She likes the flavors .the government has been trying to regulate the E cigs for a while now. I think they are more interested in taxing then the health issues.
I saw some city's are banning them indoors and making people go outside where the other smokers are and breath second hand smoke:cool:
wayne

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My "reason" was finding out I was pregnant thirty years ago...quit four days later...DH quit the next day, both cold turkey! Never touched another one again...best thing we ever did for ourselves, and our son...

I also did the "cold turkey" method back in 1976, after smoking for 14 years. Back then, there was no hypnosis, no patches or toy cigarettes. One trick is to figure out when/what you enjoy smoking the most and cut that, too. For me it was drinking cups of coffee through out the day at work. Cup of joe and two smokes. In the bars was even worse. Could go through a pack in a couple of hours. Quit the coffee (other than two cups in the AM) and stopped hanging out in bars. It takes about 5 years to truly get over it, just gotta have will power and keep fighting the urge. Wife never smoked, so she was extremely happy when I stopped.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Smoked for 28 years and quit "cold turkey". Have quit now for 23 years. I quit after starting a smoker study at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center that found I had 33 percent of lung tissue that was 'pre'-cancerous. What a wake up call. Everytime I wanted a smoke I told myself 33%. Sure glad I quit. After going through Esophageal Cancer (28 rounds of Chemo and Radiation twice) I have now been Cancer free for 3 1/2 years. Thank God. For everyone smoking, whether it be the real of imitation smokes, I would highly recommend you go to spend a day at a Cancer hospital. Now I am stepping off of my soapbox. Oh yeah, by the way, secondhand smoke has been proven to be just as harmful (maybe even more) that firsthand smoke. God bless.

eddylives

I smoked for 30 yrs
Tried many times and methods to quit , nothing worked for me....
Until I went with the e cig.
I have been tobacco free for just over a year now and have been weening down the nicotine level at my own pace (50% reduction now) and its great
I would recommend the e cig to anyone trying to quit
There is a learning curve for sure and they can be a pain to use at times but its well worth the effort

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Keep in mind the E Cigarette is just another delivery method for nicotine (a drug). Guess it is better than not trying to quit at all but keep in mind the other chemicals inhaled with the it have not been studied on the long term effect on your body. Good luck in quitting.

lynndiwagoner

I wanted to quit cigarettes, not nicotine. Daughter and SIL both quit smoking and now use E cigs. I don't see anything wrong with them. Personally, back in the day, I went to smokeless tobacco to quit smoking. Fanatics don't want you using ANYTHING that could possibly bring you pleasure, even if it doesn't impose on their personal tastes, except marijuana (which is OK in their view.) I even got hooked on nicotine gum, lol, which is really expensive. Go for it and enjoy youself.....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It's easy to quit smoking...I've done it hundreds of times!

I've quit smoking several times over the years, but I did quit for good cold turkey 3 1/2 years ago after having a stroke.

This time I have not once had the urge to light up again and when I am around fellow co-workers or friends who still smoke, it doesn't bother me at all and I don't preach to them about not smoking, as it seems that the people who cry about smokers the most are typically ex-smokers who are on the edge!

The only thing I will say is this . . .

I never realized how much I smelled like a smoker until I quit.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Keep in mind the E Cigarette is just another delivery method for nicotine (a drug). Guess it is better than not trying to quit at all but keep in mind the other chemicals inhaled with the it have not been studied on the long term effect on your body. Good luck in quitting.

Well-stated Jim. My exact feelings on this issue. Once again, we are the guinea pigs. The E cig hasn't had enough research done to consider it a "safe"alternative. I don't smoke, but I lived in a household of smokers growing up!

eddylives

I watched an interview with one of the top doctors in Canada awhile back on CTV news I think....
He talked about how tobacco exposes you to 4000 plus harm full chemicals.......not good for you lol.
He then discussed the e-juice used in personal vaporizers.......testing so far shows 4 to 10 harm full chemicals.
He flat out stated while the e cig is still not good for you.......it is much better than tobacco.

All I can say is after one year of using the e-cig (personal vaporizer) I feel 99% better health wise and am confident that it is a healthier alternative to tobacco products

mattpopp

Trouble Maker

The beauty that I find with the e cig is I can wing myself from Nicotine while still using the e cig. Something I could not do with a regular cig. The juice I use is made by Vapor Essence. Which there is only 4 ingredients that make up the fluid cocktail. My understanding only the nicotine is the harmful one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD