Coil spring hitch from Lippert

NYSUPstater

Has anyone seen the video yet from Big Truck Big RV on his series on Lippert and especially the one on what Lippert/Curt (?) maybe offering soon regarding a coil spring and shock pinbox? Yes it will aid in the jarring compared to a std one, but for my money, I'd still rather have a air bag just like semi trailers have as IMO think they'd offer a much more smoother ride and much less jarring. Shoot, past 2 5th wheels we've had, had the Reese 5th AB and like the Trail Air, system, nothing has moved inside the coach and no jarring felt in the truck. Kinda neat still to look back and see the RV move up/down and not feel it in the truck.

sengli

Heres another solution, I have installed on my big country. Cut down road jarring for quite well.

Attachments

• 20220704_132626.jpg
    20220704_132626.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

Dahillbilly

Heres another solution, I have installed on my big country. Cut down road jarring for quite well.
from your picture pray the cable to the breakaway switch will work correctly when needed!! I'd either rotate the switch upward (direction of pull) OR just let the cable lay out forward to the hitch. If you're worried about the cable being to long & that's why you have it wrapped around the hitch just shorten the cable to the length you'd like. my 2 cents worth