Cyclone 4100 bedroom slide has moved "sidewards"

NormB

The bedroom slide has moved/migrated from the centred position to a more forward position. Looking at the slide from the outside, the left side of the slide is almost tight against the opening at the front of the trailer while the right side is so far away from the edge that the rubber seal is barely touching the slide. My burning questions are, 1)"How do I re-position the slide so it is centred in the slide opening?" and 2)"Why did it move?"

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Before trying to center the slide I would make an adjustment and see if that would bring the slide back to center.
You should find a manual for your brand slide by looking in the Tools button on the navigation bar above.
Here is a link to the slide out manual menu there. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

NormB

Thank you, Dave. I just have to find the type of slide I have.
Peace out to you too
Norm
:cool:

EDIT: BAL Accuslide. Thanks a lot. Cables are within specs, brackets are all tight. When closed, bottom left is not compressing the rubber seal as much as the tops and bottom right. I'll have to dig a little deeper to see why it isn't compressing.

Last edited:

Nightshifter

Norm
We just got back from a trip from Pa to Florida. When we arrived at our halfway stop in South Carolina and went to put the kitchen slide out the trim was hitting the cabinet knobs for the pantry. Took a small piece out of the trim. Investigated the situation and found the slide room moved forward about 3/4 of an inch. It’s not centered in the opening. I’m going to try and find out why this weekend. Looked on the Lippert site and found the service section for the hydraulic slides. It details horizontal and vertical adjustments. I looked briefly at the 1/2” carriage bolts on the brackets but they don’t appear to be loose. I did encounter a few pretty rough sections of road and this slide with the stove, oven, microwave, and fridge is heavy but shouldn’t move in my opinion. I’ll keep you posted in what I find. My rig is a 2017 Charleston

NormB

I employed a very simple fix for the front bedroom slide not sitting centered in the opening. As my wife activated the slide to go in, I went beneath and, as it was moving in, pushed up and towards the rear of the coach until it looked centered. We then ran the slide in and out a number of times. It maintained its alignment and the seals were equally rubbing on the sides of the slide.