Cyclone 4200

choprpilot76

Re: Well, it's time to ask about the 4200 again???

I want to let everyone know it WILL NOT be at the Hershey show. That was out goal but unforchunetly we ran into some last min SNAFO's and will not be able to show there (just don't want anyone to show up expecting it) it will make it for next years show season (January). Sorry for delays not trying to delay but just an entire different creature to engineer.

I must not have the whole story then AJJONEs, but are you the actual person working at Heartland that was going to be bringing the "prototype"? If so then this statement is meaning that the CY 4200 unveil will not happen in Hershey. Sorry, I am slooooow sometimes, lol. So if this is the case, will we NOT get to see any type of floor plan at least, until January of next year? This would be a bummer. The wife and I have our finances all lined up to buy a 4100 in Dec/Jan and we REALLY wanted to hold off to see if the 4200 floor plan was better suited for us and our kids. We have four kids and need specifics in a floor plan. It would stink to get the 4100 and then find out a couple of months later that the 4200 was much better suited for us. Thanks for the info. Daron

gpshemi

AJ heads up the toyhauler division...

See his avatar.

danemayer

It would stink to get the 4100 and then find out a couple of months later that the 4200 was much better suited for us.
Improvements show up on a pretty regular basis. Sometimes shortly after you take delivery. Doesn't matter if we're talking about RVs or phones. There's always something better coming soon.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker

Improvements show up on a pretty regular basis. Sometimes shortly after you take delivery. Doesn't matter if we're talking about RVs or phones. There's always something better coming soon.

Your comment would be true if tomorrow HL announced that there is a new 4200 coming out today and one month later it is unveiled. Not when over a year ago a new model is announce and then it keeps getting postponed for over 1 1/2 years. There is a huge difference in that and your comment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

miboje

I want to let everyone know it WILL NOT be at the Hershey show. That was out goal but unforchunetly we ran into some last min SNAFO's and will not be able to show there (just don't want anyone to show up expecting it) it will make it for next years show season (January). Sorry for delays not trying to delay but just an entire different creature to engineer.
:>( We were hoping. I wish we could at least see it on the website. This teasing is killer....lol.
Well, I'm glad to hear that this new concept, which appears to be also being applied to the Torque, will at least be in production before or by next year, as that's when we are planning to buy.

miboje

The wife and I have our finances all lined up to buy a 4100 in Dec/Jan and we REALLY wanted to hold off to see if the 4200 floor plan was better suited for us and our kids. We have four kids and need specifics in a floor plan. It would stink to get the 4100 and then find out a couple of months later that the 4200 was much better suited for us. Thanks for the info. Daron
I'd at least like to see the basics of this new concept also, though we aren't ready to buy until next spring, at the earliest.
If I were in your family's shoes, I'd just wait it out until you get to see the new concept, then decide. It won't hurt to wait a month or so later than you had planned, and you may discover that it was a wise decision. On the other hand, you could buy when you had originally planned and regret it.

miboje

Did anyone notice that there is a bit of new information about the 4200 on the website? Huh? How is that possible unless they go up? It's almost twice as much as an 8' by 40'. I simply cannot wait to see what this is!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired

I still want to see a Landmark with a side entry garage!
Will we need a new truck to pull this new Cyclone?

EandJ

50% bigger and still only 3 slides.
Must be up.

That's what I thought but that got shot down on the second page of this thread. But I reread AJ's comments back in post #11 - he says "it will have the best outside entertainment area ever seen, near 43' long, and everything included have around 620 sq ft of over all living space!!!!!!!!!"

On further thought - since going up is out, and only three slide-outs, what about an awning almost the entire length of the trailer? And it makes into an outdoor room maybe with pulldown screen walls? Or how about going all the way and use the three-season walls? That should give you the 600+ sq ft.

Since its going to be an entertainment area deluxe - guess a monster-screen TV swings outside, big outside speakers, along with a full outside kitchen. Guess a couple of the chairs/recliners from the living will be movable to bring outside for the party patio area.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker

But living space doesn't include Patio's. Living space is the air conditioned space. So 620sqft of living is pretty freaking large with only three slides.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker

I'd at least like to see the basics of this new concept also, though we aren't ready to buy until next spring, at the earliest.
If I were in your family's shoes, I'd just wait it out until you get to see the new concept, then decide. It won't hurt to wait a month or so later than you had planned, and you may discover that it was a wise decision. On the other hand, you could buy when you had originally planned and regret it.

I would to but. If they are having this many design issues holding back the release. What issues will the first couple years of production bring to the customer?

EandJ

But living space doesn't include Patio's. Living space is the air conditioned space. So 620sqft of living is pretty freaking large with only three slides.

Yeah - that's why I added a thought about the 3-season walls. Maybe they figured out a way to make additional living space with them on one side under the awning. Either have an outside duct or open some windows to get the a/c out there. Making it all work smoothly might be a problem - but then it is taking them quite a while to get the kinks out.

miboje

That's what I thought but that got shot down on the second page of this thread. But I reread AJ's comments back in post #11 - he says "it will have the best outside entertainment area ever seen, near 43' long, and everything included have around 620 sq ft of over all living space!!!!!!!!!"

On further thought - since going up is out, and only three slide-outs, what about an awning almost the entire length of the trailer? And it makes into an outdoor room maybe with pulldown screen walls? Or how about going all the way and use the three-season walls? That should give you the 600+ sq ft.

Since its going to be an entertainment area deluxe - guess a monster-screen TV swings outside, big outside speakers, along with a full outside kitchen. Guess a couple of the chairs/recliners from the living will be movable to bring outside for the party patio area.
It would be nice to see an outdoor kitchen.
I was hoping they found a way to move the master bedroom upstairs and increase living space downstairs in the process.

miboje

I would to but. If they are having this many design issues holding back the release. What issues will the first couple years of production bring to the customer?

I thought about that too, and yes, that's going to be a concern. So until we can actually see what kind of engineering had to go into this, we really won't be able to draw our own conclusion as to whether or not we think buying one during the first years of production is worth the risk or not. So, you are back to the waiting part, which isn't really that long at this point. Let's hope that after a year and a half in engineering, they've ensured that the bugs are worked out.

On the other hand, you could play it safe by buying what you want to buy now, then trade it in on the new concept Cyclone after a few years or until you figure they have the bugs worked out.

miboje

50% bigger and still only 3 slides.
Must be up.

It may be that the image they are using is only a stock image they use to represent a floor plan, and not actually indicative of the actual floor plan.

I was thinking maybe it is full wall slides on both sides. 43' long by 8' 5" wide plus 3' for the slide depth on both slides equals 623.5 square feet. But the slides won't actually be completely to the ends at each corner. 623.5-619 equals a difference of 4.5, which may account for the slides being a little shorter than the actual length of the fifth wheel. Is it possible?

alex00

I'm with you on the full wall slide. I think it's more viable than going up, but that would be cool, too. I wonder how functional the garage will be if they use a full wall slide. Since we are all guessing here, my guess is the patent involved a way to fold the slide walls at the garage end to allow usable garage space with the slides in.

miboje

I still want to see a Landmark with a side entry garage!
Will we need a new truck to pull this new Cyclone?

Good question. We are watching the Torque toy hauler, since it appears they are applying this new Cyclone concept to the Torque as well. Hopefully it is something that doesn't up the weight and pin weight so much that even the Torque one is not an option for us. It looks like they are doing a shorter and longer Torque with this new idea. Having said that, I haven't even seen it yet. Maybe I'll see it and just shrug.

porthole

Retired

It may be that the image they are using is only a stock image they use to represent a floor plan, and not actually indicative of the actual floor plan.

I was thinking maybe it is full wall slides on both sides. 43' long by 8' 5" wide plus 3' for the slide depth on both slides equals 623.5 square feet. But the slides won't actually be completely to the ends at each corner. 623.5-619 equals a difference of 4.5, which may account for the slides being a little shorter than the actual length of the fifth wheel. Is it possible?

Full length slides, yeah that will do it - but what do you do about the garage? Unless the slides at the garage went "under" the garage would be about useless for lets say - a garage?