Cyclone 4200

porthole

Retired
Re: Well, it's time to ask about the 4200 again???

I'm with you on the full wall slide. I think it's more viable than going up, but that would be cool, too. I wonder how functional the garage will be if they use a full wall slide. Since we are all guessing here, my guess is the patent involved a way to fold the slide walls at the garage end to allow usable garage space with the slides in.

Folding walls for the garage area - thats been done already with an SOB

Just read about the "big" secret from Heartland and A.J. Jones. They are talking about 'Hidden Garage' Technology. So, now maybe A.J. will let the cat out of the bag and explain just what they are planing.

gpshemi

Just read about the "big" secret from Heartland and A.J. Jones. They are talking about 'Hidden Garage' Technology. So, now maybe A.J. will let the cat out of the bag and explain just what they are planing.

Well it's not a hidden garage. Lol.

Here is the story I read :

Heartland RV is hosting the unveiling of what it calls a “never seen before,” industry-first product — its new Torque toy hauler with hidden garage — at this week’s Elkhart County RV Open House. Heartland will introduce its all-new Torque 270HG with patent pending “hidden garage technology” — an exclusive to the Elkhart, Ind.-based Thor Industries Inc. subsidiary. Heartland will hold the unveiling at its Open House site as part of Thor’s display at the RV/MH Hall of Fame.
The 270HG can be towed by a light-duty truck, and is priced $20,000 less MSRP than competitive models, according to the company. The new toy hauler is a single-side unit that offers a king size bed, 10-foot separated garage area with vapor wall, residential sunken tub, two separate living room couches and kitchen and storage space.
“The new 270HG features the most outside storage ever offered in a toy hauler, and at a price point that is unmatched compared to competing units in the industry,” said A.J. Jones, general manager. “Many customers refrain from buying a luxury toy hauler because of the length, weight and price. Our patent pending “hidden garage technology" overcomes those objections while still giving consumers the features they are looking for in a luxury toy hauler.”
Coley Brady, vice president of sales, said, “The 270HG is truly creating a segment of its own in the toy hauler marketplace with its price and weight, not to mention this is just the start of many idea’s to come using the hidden garage technology.”

alex00

I'm curious to know what they mean by hidden garage. I'm still doing to know what the 4200 will be. It's really hard day dreaming about the 4000 knowing the 4200 may be better. I just hope the details get released before I pull the trigger on a 4000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

porthole

Retired

New technology "hidden garage" ???

Didn't that come out a couple of years ago with the wall that separates the garage from the living area that pivots back along the ODS side to make the room?

As to the 4200 - doesn't sound too interesting. Actually sounds more like a park model.

With rear patios - side patios - front patios - roof patios - sounds more like alienation of your camping neighbors.

I understand...but that's not related to this thread on the Cyclone 4200...

The thing about it is that if they do on the Torque model, it will carry over to other Heartland models (Cyclone). This tread is all about the new (secret) thing that heartland is waiting for there patent. And then they can annouce new features of the Cyclone 4200. I'm just thinking that this is what AJ was talking about in a previous post in this thread. Hope there is more to than just that.

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!

Is the recent announcements in regards to the hidden garage on the Torque truly what we have been waiting for on the 4200? I really hope not, this would be a real let down and the final nail in the coffin as they say for this family and Cyclone. And since there is no response to our requests for a big country bunk model, time to be less brand loyal and open our eyes to alternatives. Please tell me I am wrong????

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance

The 270HG is compleatly separate from the 4200. Sorry for delay.

miboje

Is the recent announcements in regards to the hidden garage on the Torque truly what we have been waiting for on the 4200? I really hope not, this would be a real let down and the final nail in the coffin as they say for this family and Cyclone. And since there is no response to our requests for a big country bunk model, time to be less brand loyal and open our eyes to alternatives. Please tell me I am wrong????
Also an indicator that the 4200 and 270HG are two totally different animals is the fact that the HL website says the 4200 is 619 square feet.

Also an indicator that the 4200 and 270HG are two totally different animals is the fact that the HL website says the 4200 is 619 square feet.

619 Sq Ft.?? The only way to accomplish that is up or out. My current toy hauler is like 350 sq. ft. How do you double the square footage? I am all in with a roof top patio. That's my guess. Interior spiral staircase thru a roof hatch to the rooftop patio with some type of fold up railings, maybe?

gpshemi

I'd be in line for that too, but that's not it either....

miboje

619 Sq Ft.?? The only way to accomplish that is up or out. My current toy hauler is like 350 sq. ft. How do you double the square footage? I am all in with a roof top patio. That's my guess. Interior spiral staircase thru a roof hatch to the rooftop patio with some type of fold up railings, maybe?
Yep. Nearly double the square footage. Some have mentioned going up also, which sounds pretty cool. I have my own theory about what it is, so I can't wait to see just how far off I was. ;)

gpshemi

Yes...or at least what we were all told by AJ anyway. We shouldn't have to wait long now...

mattpopp

Trouble Maker

I thought its going to be released in early 2014 now. I only pray they are not making the roof a patio area. It will be another novelty idea like the patio system that will only appeal to a very small crowd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

gpshemi

I think that's what AJ said yes, but still...that isn't all that far off. We waited this long right? LOL.

miboje

Re: CY 4200 release date?

The link doesn't work, and I can't even get any website to come up doing a general search for the company. Could HL have asked them to take it down for now?

Anyhow, I don't think that's a totally new concept. There are motorhomes that allow for everyone to be up on the roof watching a race, and another company has a camper that is also a pontoon watercraft with a roof deck. I forget the name of it!

Last edited: