Diesel Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim_1899

$3.69 for diesel fuel and $2.97 for gasoline here in suburbs of St. Louis, MO. My average miles per gallon has gone down for city driving at the same time.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
$3.89 where I live in Illinois and generally drive across the river to Missouri which has it for $3.59 as of this morning. I believe I can see a Aux. fuel tank coming in the near future.:cool:...Ken

buckeyebob

well we can all move to venezuela,or take them over,move to china but how would we buy stuff since its all in u.s. .i just retired in 06 and now i drive county bus to pay for 07 duramax.looks like local ohio camping this summer.

CGibson

I filled up for 3.51 in Anchorage yesterday. I don't know what the price is today as it seems different everytime we go by.

Tom of Ypsi

Walmart in Port Arthur, Tx this morning had diesel at $3.57 with the Wally card $3.54, only cost me $203.

ct0218

I was in Orlando for our Log Home Show this weekend, and paid $4.05...ouch...$130 to fill up a stock 34 gallon tank.

carbuthn

Most of the Trucker are like the rest of us and can not afford to park thier trucks for a week without pay. But, they could skip states for refueling i.e. get together by fuel in Florida, skip refilling in Georgia, refuel in Mississippi etc. and the states would be screaming about lost tax revenues. By the way $3.95 locally here in Florida, but Wally world had it for $3.59 / gallon for Diesel.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We are in San Antonio TX and it is 3.89/gal here! Should have bought some shares in Oil companies!!!!!!

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I believe that a trucker passing through a state and not buying fuel still has to pay taxes on the amount of fuel he would burn crossing the state. They got you any way you do it. Most have tax stickers on the side of their trucks for the states they operate in.

Don

sealman

wfwilson, Oil stocks are down; but alot less than the rest....they have always been a good choice in the long run. Don't fight them join them.
John

5erWonk

We just had a station here in Central CA start selling biodiesel, opening price $2.00 a gallon less than regular diesel. There was a 5 mile long line waiting to fill up.

I want to find out if I need to do any modifications on my Dodge CTD to use this stuff....Anybody know the pros and cons?

This did happen years ago and its time to do it again!!! I'm in the trucking business and it is going to bankrupt many small companies as well as some large carriers as well this year.
A couple days ago gas was 2.84 and diesel was 3.49. The oil co. are screwing people so bad on diesel. We need the big trucks to just park for about a week and I think you would see something change.

StevieWonder

We just had a station here in Central CA start selling biodiesel, opening price $2.00 a gallon less than regular diesel. There was a 5 mile long line waiting to fill up.

I want to find out if I need to do any modifications on my Dodge CTD to use this stuff....Anybody know the pros and cons?

Blends of 20 percent biodiesel with 80 percent petroleum diesel (called "B20") can generally be used in unmodified diesel engines found in many trucks and some cars. Biodiesel can also be used in its pure form (called "B100"), but may require certain engine alterations to avoid maintenance and performance problems.

ct0218

It gells at a higher temperature than diesel, and is a super detergent--the first tank or two can be a little bit of a pain as it cleans out your truck tank. You may go thru a fuel filter or two as it loosens up any tank sludge. I think GM recommends a rather low percentage of bio, and your mileage will drop a very slight amount (produses less btu's per unit). It does lubricate your pump and injectors better than reg. diesel. I ran some in the late fall but had gelling issues with the really cold weather in the mountains, then my source went out of business. It was selling at the same price as regular diesel here.

BJ'sDad

3.89 for diesel here in VA, while gas is holding at 3.15 for at least the third day in a row (must be a new record).
Didn't go check on the price of B20 since I'd have to drive nearly 25 miles just to buy it. No matter what B20 is, it's still not gonna be a cheap fill up.

cmart

Where I live Diesel is $3.75 a gallon, 50 miles west (Little Rock) its $3.45. Whats up with this???????

Status
Not open for further replies.