Diesel Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Better MPG

One way to assist in how often we have to pay outrageous prices for diesel is to drive slower :eek: - which I have always had a problem with! :mad:

I just picked up my Cyclone last Saturday, :D I drove @ 150 miles Sunday to a CG - avg 10.6 mpg towing, then 20 mpg solo on Monday. Today, I drove 64 mph in a posted 70 zone - got 23.4 mpg! :cool:

I drive my dually between 1000 and 1500 miles/week on my job. :(

Just don't know how long I can go so slow! :confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Where I live Diesel is $3.75 a gallon, 50 miles west (Little Rock) its $3.45. Whats up with this???????
This confuses me as well. In Corpus, within a 10 mile stretch of road, Diesel ranges between $3.58 to $3.80. Hopefully it just competition. It could also be they'll raise prices at the cheaper places when they get a fresh delivery of fuel:confused:. It's gone up an average of 20 cents a gallon in the last 2 days.

5erWonk

Well you've gotta' love it....Supply and demand, the biodiesel has now gone up to $3.00 / gal....Up $1.00 since Saturday:confused:

I filled up at Shell this afternoon for 3.88 and no service...Couldn't even find a squegee to clean my windshield. Ahh the good ole days when gas was $0.29 and they cleaned your windshied, checked the oil and air was free:rolleyes:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ok.. Here's one for you..
In McKinney, TX today I was at a stop light. On the right was a Chevron Station and the Diesel was $3.89 per gallon. On the left was a Shell Station and the Diesel was $3.58 per gallon.

At WalMart I can take and place money on their shopping card, go to the pumps and get a $.03 discount for $3.45 per gallon.

Tell me we are not getting ripped. Looks like we need more WalMarts

BC

DaleR

Well you've gotta' love it....Supply and demand, the biodiesel has now gone up to $3.00 / gal....Up $1.00 since Saturday:confused:

I filled up at Shell this afternoon for 3.88 and no service...Couldn't even find a squegee to clean my windshield. Ahh the good ole days when gas was $0.29 and they cleaned your windshied, checked the oil and air was free:rolleyes:

Must of been around 1959 or so. Used to collect enough pop-bottles, get about a $1.00 worth, would last about a week with a 6 cyl. Ahh the good ole days.

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
It's running 3.79-3.85 here (lower Alabama), I expect $4 or above by next week at the rate of change and the price of oil.. B20 Bio is the same... I run B20 about every other tank.. probably averages out at B10 with that mix.. my '03 CTD has no problem with it and does run generally quieter... mileage/power seems to be about the same.. I did change my fuel filter twice in 5000 miles and cleaned a lot of "gunk" out of the the bottom of the filter housing...

sharmulst

We are in Abita Springs, LA. This morning on the way into Covington we saw diesel at 3.69 on our way home about 1 1/2 hours later, at the same station it was 3.89.

truknutt

Committed Member
It hit $4.09 for diesel and $3.25 for 87 Octane here in Central PA on Tuesday, the 11th. Can't wait for the snow, ice & rain to be over so we can get the bikes out. :(

tstammer

tstammer
Staying Home

With Deisel prices this high looks like I will be staying home this summer I honestly cannot afford the prices hopefully it will end soon.

StevieWonder

Don't look for any nearterm relief in diesel prices. Ultra Low Sulphur requirments added about $0.30/gallon. There is a huge increase in demand for diesel fuel in China, India and other developing countries. All of these things, along with tight refining capacity, means there's little chance of a price drop unless a slower economy significantly reduces demand levels. Throw in a surprise like a Gulf Coast hurricane in refinery territory and all bets are off.

cmart

Perhaps we all need to take the fuel/travel poll we did a few weeks ago asking if we would change our traveling due to the higher fuel prices. By the way TRUKNUT, just how many bikes does it take to move that big ole cyclone, lol.

cd3250

2008 Big Country 3250 TS
Exxon station, Lexington Park, MD....$3.99. I see a trend that puts it around $4.50 by the time Memorial Day hits.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I filled up for 3.51 in Anchorage yesterday. I don't know what the price is today as it seems different everytime we go by.

Guess the refineries in North Pole are helping the prices or the taxes are a lot lower in Alaska. I remember driving into Fairbanks and gassing up...and b**ching about paying 75 cents a gallon. Sigh.:cool:

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
All this just in time for my trip to Gettysburg. PA, in May... round trip with a side excursion to Richmond, VA, should be about 2500+ miles.. pulling my 5er I am budgeting $1000+ for fuel... luckily I am doing this in conjunction with a training seminar so I will get reimbursed the majority of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.