Do any other Sundance owners feel like they have a POS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvin

Sundance quality

I'm a new owner of a 2008 3200. Have had it out only once so far. Having problems w/ it bottoming out. I think it's too long for the tire size, road clearance etc.

So far everything else seems ok. I am worried about the BR slide since it hits the dresser when it is fully closed and I'm not sure it is as closed as it needs to be...future leaks??

I picked up my 2998 RB this past saturday from General RV. It took us roughly 4 hours to do a complete PDI. I found caulking issues on the roof, outside speaker, tops of slide outs, front fiberglass nose cap on the roof, the antenna. The underbelly in the front had a gap in the front. There was a hole under the master vanity that was found in the docking station. They filled that with expanded foam. I found under the rear bedroom slide there was a cut in the corner. The gap was large enough to expose the wood. The screen doors at both entrances needed adjusted. There was no caulking found inside or outside the master shower. So. they needed to fix that issue. There was a green mark on the walls back in the back bedroom. The marks were left for the holes to lach the top bucks. The trim tape was coming off and torn a little bit on the bunk supports. General RV did all those repairs for us. The service tech who did are PDI was great. He stayed with us the entire time. He was even on the roof with me. There still is warranty work needed to be done. They are still waiting on 2 cabinet doors. All and all its a great coach. The wife likes and I liked that it towed good.

We have a 2800rls and have had minor problems, kitchen sink leak,and blown fuse on jacks, all easy fix. after 4000mi and 10 days camping we are very happy with our unit.

HRAI

Mine sure hasn't gotten off to a good start

I picked up my 3300BHS just before Christmas. We went for a trip down south with it and had multiple problems. I know there are going to be problems as this is our third brand new RV. But this was a little ridiculous. We had and still have no heat in the bedroom whatsoever. We froze to the point where I could not even get to sleep the last night we were out. The shower stall would leak water all over the floor whenever we used it. When I turned the taps on for the exterior shower, water poured out inside the trailer behind the wall. Our fantastic vent never shutts down regardless of t'stat setting. All of the storage tanks froze despite the furnace being on constantly. Marker lamps burnt out and took out the main power fuse in my truck which feeds the trailer. And on and on... As long as everything gets fixed and stays that way for a while I guess it will be OK. But so far the experience has not been very pleasant. The RV has been at the dealer now for 3 weeks with no word on when it will be completed.

The trailer has lots of neat features for the price, excllent floor plan. But QAC on the part of Heartland leaves much to be desired in my case. Maybe it was just a one off, I don't know.

The verdict, in my case is still out at this point :confused:.

hrai

tmcran

Well, I'm very new here but been RVing for awhile. I joined here to see about the Sundance 2998RB. I'm still looking but the new one I've looked at has several fit and finish concerns. Now I'm even more concerned. I 'm surprised you state its a "great coach" after all the things that are wrong. My 1999 Prowler TT has no runs, no leaks or any problems at all. I really like the floor plan of the Sundance but I did notice how thin the bottom of the draws are compared to my TT which has real wood. I think I must look at some other brands. This site has been very informative.

I picked up my 2998 RB this past saturday from General RV. It took us roughly 4 hours to do a complete PDI. I found caulking issues on the roof, outside speaker, tops of slide outs, front fiberglass nose cap on the roof, the antenna. The underbelly in the front had a gap in the front. There was a hole under the master vanity that was found in the docking station. They filled that with expanded foam. I found under the rear bedroom slide there was a cut in the corner. The gap was large enough to expose the wood. The screen doors at both entrances needed adjusted. There was no caulking found inside or outside the master shower. So. they needed to fix that issue. There was a green mark on the walls back in the back bedroom. The marks were left for the holes to lach the top bucks. The trim tape was coming off and torn a little bit on the bunk supports. General RV did all those repairs for us. The service tech who did are PDI was great. He stayed with us the entire time. He was even on the roof with me. There still is warranty work needed to be done. They are still waiting on 2 cabinet doors. All and all its a great coach. The wife likes and I liked that it towed good.

charliehorse

sundance problems?

I purchased a 2009 Sundance 2900RK in July 08 - left a week later on a 5000 mile/2 week trip - no problems - everthing works just fine. Well built unit which exceeds my expectations. This is my 8th rv in 25 years . After 40 nights and well over 7000 miles the circut borad did fail in the fridge. No leaks, no falling off parts, & all systems work just fine - could not be more pleased and would srtrongly recommend this product .

Delaine and Lindy

We have been in our 5er almost a year and knock on wood have had no issues. We have owned 5 5th wheels and I have learned that when you think there is a problem or may be a problem waiting to happen, correct it then if you don't they will multiply. But all RV's will have problems no matter what type Rv you have. For some unknown reason some have more problems than others. When running down the road at what ever MPH you run the RV is having mini earthquakes. And depending on what suspension you have things tend to move around. The better the suspension the less thing, move around. Follow the post by BC, he is having the IS suspension installed its a awesome suspension. Keep lots of hand tools and check you 5er often. Good Luck. GBY....

P.S. We are in Goshen Ind. for a week or two. Its raining here. Life is Good.

jopatk

We have a 2008 Sundance 2998RB and have had a few problems, but the service at Heartland has been terrific. I have friends who own motor homes that cost over a 1/4 mill and they too have had a lot of problems. Some are nightmarish. Admittedly, the industry needs to have better quality control, and fire some of the trained monkeys they hired to do the caulking. To own any RV you almost have to be able to do some repairs yourself. None

Edd and Janet

We've had a Sundance for 2 years and have had minimal problems. This past June front jack wouldn't go all the way down. Got it fixed at the Goshen rally at no charge. Had to fix rubber seal from slipping on shower door. Still think we made a wise choice.

grizzlygiant

We had a Big Horn and recently downsized to a Sundance 2800RLS. We just completed a 42 day trip and could not be happier with the trailer. A loose water connection under the kitchen sink was a no-brainer to fix.

CrazyScotsman

Isn't it amazing, Casmoqueen post on 9/08 trashing Heartland calling Sundance a POS, that was Casmoqueen 1 and only post. Not a word from Casmoqueen since then. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm Makes you wonder.........

SilverRhino

casmoqueen, your concerns with your Sundance has been e-mailed to the department heads and we are wanting to get you taken care of - Jim Fenner (service@heartlandrvs.com) is our Customer Service Manager and would like for you to e-mail him with the last 5 digits of your vin so we can track any and all parts and service that needs to be done to your coach and make it right again.

John Leonard, Sundance Brand Manager
jleonard@heartlandrvs.com

In all fairness to Heartland.........why was there not ever a post about what the factory did?? Maybe I missed it........seems like sometimes we all get a little more self righteous when we are doing it "hidden" behind the internet. I sympathize with problems people have had......but it seems to me the majority of these are corrected by the dealers or Heartland. This is not meant to stir the pot or put anyone down......just my observations from reading the posts on this and other forums. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is probably because some of the posts are made 'in the heat of the moment' instead of taking a 'cooling off period' prior to posting. Then they figure they would be embarassed if they posted how well they were taken care of. Also some people forget they can contact Heartland directly and other just want to 'vent'.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
It is probably because some of the posts are made 'in the heat of the moment' instead of taking a 'cooling off period' prior to posting. Then they figure they would be embarassed if they posted how well they were taken care of. Also some people forget they can contact Heartland directly and other just want to 'vent'.

Here's another thought. This person hasnt been on since she left this post.

Maybe a troll???

branson4020

Icantre Member
Like ripples in a pond, this post has spread so far it's hard to see the origin. Maybe it's time to close this thread....

ksroll

2009 3200es

I have had no problems with my unit. I read the previous posts regarding the water leaks at the fittings and the shower. The dealer had their mechanic give us a complete inspection of each system and they worked without any problems. We spent approx 2 hours going thru the unit including walking on top of the rv and inspecting the AC unit. We were given free passes to stay at a local campground near the dealer in Pahrump, NV. They stated to give them a call when we make the reservations and they would have someone come over if we were having any problems.
I was invited by one of my neigbors to join their camping club for a weekend in Pahrump, NV. There were approx 12 rv's in the group of all different makes and types. One had a Hitchhiker unit that had a hotwater heater issue in the first week and they were without their unit for 2 weeks. One other had a Jayco Designer and they stated that they have had nothing but problems since they had it. They have spent alot of money fixing items that were out of warranty.
I bought mine based on how the company stands behind their products. I called Heartland before I bought my unit. I left a message and my call was returned within an hour and all of my questions were answered regarding the unit I that I was looking at.
Everyone invited me into their Rv's and we discussed any issues they have had and why they bought their unit. Most of them have been camping for more than 20 years. They all were impressed with my Sundance and my neighbors is a 2900MK Sundance. I stopped them one day when they were coming thru the neigborgood with their trailer and they invited me to come over and look at their trailer.
This forum, their input and the Heartland Manager that called me back led me to believe that I was buying a quality product and I have not had any problems and I do not believe it is a POS.

CrazyScotsman

ksroll...... I know what your saying about Heartland being a quality product. DW and I looked at it seems like 1000's of 5th wheels from all makers before we bought our Big Horn. The quality in the BH stood out from the crowd, don't get me wrong I have had a few nit picky little issues, as in all rv's. A guy a used to work with kept telling me about SOB by FR fivers, he swore by them, so DW went and looked at them, now this was a brand new unit hadn't been on dealers lot a week at this time. DW opened a drawer in kitchen, it landed on the floor in pieces, it fell to bit's in her hand, I then asked her to come stand where I was standing, so she could could feel the floor move up and down. She wouldn't, stating if it's like the drawer I don't want that to fall apart to. I felt sorry for the salesman though, he was trying his best to say how great and well made this Brand was.
Yes we looked at some that maybe were better than Heartland, but the price was way to high for our first trailer.
All in all though we are very happy with our choice, plus an added benefit is this Owners Forum, and Owners Club. What a great bunch of folks.
Happy Camping.... Cheers Ken

ludwigdavid

David & Diana
We have a 2010 3300 sk and have a few small problems that we took care of ourselves. the stickers on the sink can be cleaned up with Goo Gone.
We love our unit.

mnbstack

mnbstack

I am really new to using any forum but after reading all of the posts regarding Heartland, I felt the need to respond as well. We have a 2008 2800RLS and so far we've been very happy with it. Although we did have a leak that ruined the floor in the bedroom slide, after contacting our dealer (Gillette's Interstate RV in East Lansing, MI) the problem was corrected quickly. It is now better than it was coming from the factory. We also had a issue with the Coby DVD player. The sensor wasn't working and after contacting Coby, I was told it wasn't under warranty any longer. However, I wrote an e-mail to Gillette's and have received a new DVD player! I've told my husband he does need to check all of those connections that could loosen with the vibrations of traveling down the road. I love the floor plan and we're both looking forward to traveling a lot in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.