Dometic fridge fans

wdk450

mine stoped working after about 6 weeks

If this is the one with the alligator clip that attaches to the cooling fins, these are notorious for making a bad electrical connection. I think the refrigerator aluminum fins get a non-conducting oxide layer on them, and the alligator clip jaws need to bite through that to good metal for the electrical connection. I squeeze on the alligator clip and wiggle the fan assembly up and down to get the jaw teeth to bite through the oxides to make a good connection.

wingfoot

I have read all the post here and I have not seen anyone post that has installed a fan in a Dometic with the light on/off switch on the refer. ceiling interior with the push pin switch. I can't figure out how to get the light housing off. I did see a diagram of the switch and it looks like Dometic used pop-rivets to attach the light housing (I hope not). If anyone has installed one of these fans in a Dometic with the ceiling interior light ...I would appreciate a little help..

Thanks in advance for any help...
Larry

wdk450

I have a 2008 Bighorn with the Dometic double door refrig/freezer. The door light/switch assembly is on the right middle of the refrig box. The translucent cover simply slips off to the rear. I simply wrapped the stripped end of the fan wire around the female spade connector and slid it back together with the wire making a connection that way. It sounds like you may have a different switch/lamp assembly.
You could call Dometic saying you just want to change a burnt-out lamp for them to give you instructions on doing this. If you say any more, you may get into a "discussion" on if the fan is needed or not. Their phone number should be on the left of this website's portal page.

I have read all the post here and I have not seen anyone post that has installed a fan in a Dometic with the light on/off switch on the refer. ceiling interior with the push pin switch. I can't figure out how to get the light housing off. I did see a diagram of the switch and it looks like Dometic used pop-rivets to attach the light housing (I hope not). If anyone has installed one of these fans in a Dometic with the ceiling interior light ...I would appreciate a little help..

Larry

danemayer

Larry

Larry,

If you can tell us the Dometic Model #, we might be able to locate the manual which may have instructions.

Gizzy

Larry

Larry,
I ran into the same problem when I installed fans. On our fridge the light is on the left side of the fridge and it is held in by what looks to be a plastic rivet. When I attempted to drill out the rivet it just spun and popped out. I was pleasantly surprised, hooked up the wire and popped it back in. What I thought was going to be slightly difficult turned out to be really easy.

Jerry

wingfoot

Larry,

If you can tell us the Dometic Model #, we might be able to locate the manual which may have instructions.

Thanks Dan, it's a Dometic NDR1062...I was able to find a manual...below is all it states...not much information...

The lamp is located at the top of the refrigerator compartment.
To replace the lamp, follow these steps:
Remove the lamp cover.
Wearing gloves, pull out the lamp from socket. Replace
it with a new 12V, 10W halogen lamp base G4.
Put back the lamp cover.

Last edited:

danemayer

Thanks Dan, it's a Dometic 1062...I was able to find a manual...below is all it states...not much information...

The lamp is located at the top of the refrigerator compartment.
To replace the lamp, follow these steps:
Remove the lamp cover.
Wearing gloves, pull out the lamp from socket. Replace
it with a new 12V, 10W halogen lamp base G4.
Put back the lamp cover.

Larry, the 1062 manual on the forum has a few additional words:

remove the lamp cover by pressing in with the thumb on the side of the lamp cover.

wingfoot

Larry, the 1062 manual on the forum has a few additional words:

remove the lamp cover by pressing in with the thumb on the side of the lamp cover.

Thanks Dan, looks like they have added an addendum to the manual...I'll give that a try but I really don't see how this will work with(if in fact Dometic is using them) pop-rivets...but what do I say?

Greengas

Just ordered my fan. We have lots of summer camping planned so I hope this device helps keep the fridge cool.

rjr6150

Just ordered my fan. We have lots of summer camping planned so I hope this device helps keep the fridge cool.

Ronn
Doesnt your LM have the double door Norcold not the Dometic. I thought they had changed over just before ours was built.