Dometic fridge fans

CTD2005

Well we have now moved into our Sundance full time. Been in it for 2 months now and the frig started building up ice on the fins. So I purchased 2 of these fan units from eBay and they work awesome. Anyone having any issues should try these. It took me about 10 minutes to install 2 of these side by side and I had to chip off some of the ice to get them clipped on the fins. It took them about 3 hours to melt all the ice and they have been clean every since. Plus the fridge is now very cold in all corners.

CTD2005

Looks like a great idea. Think I'll get one!
Thanks for the tip!

NWILSON I'm glad to be able to pass the info on. Hope it works as good for you as it is for us.
I have had them running for 2 days and they have made a huge difference. There are a few others you can purchase from eBay that are the same except they don't have the individual switches. I just chose the switches so I had the option of turning them off if I wanted. They also come with some piggy back wire adapters so you don't have to splice into your factory wiring. Just remove the factory plug add the new one from the fan and reattach the factory power wire.

123camper

Our fridge stays in the 40 degree range when it hot so I am getting ready to place my order. One question, how did you route the wires thru the cabinet and where did you make your connection? I guess that was two questions!

CTD2005

Our fridge stays in the 40 degree range when it hot so I am getting ready to place my order. One question, how did you route the wires thru the cabinet and where did you make your connection? I guess that was two questions!

All I had to do was disconnect power to the fridge, remove the hot wire to the fridge light, connect the pigtail from the fans to the post the hot wire was on at the light, then connect the hot wire onto the pigtail adapter. No holes to worry about and no splicing of wires to worry about. Just don't forget to disconnect your power when you start to wire it. They do send wiring instructions with the fans as well.

mobilcastle

I mounted a ball bearing type fan in ours when I insulated and made a new baffle in the top of the slide. Fridge stays about 36 to 38 degrees set on mid range cool. I think putting in a fan is a great idea to equalize cooling. I ran a wire to the back of the fridge beside the drain tube since I had to replace it. Using the light is a good idea.

dalspot

Great idea on the double fans! We have one, and it's always worked great - until last week at Goshen, when I noticed for the first time ever that we had ice on the left side - fan has always been clipped on the right side. I moved it more to the middle - I will see if that works better going forward, if not, I'll order another.

When I don't want it running, I just pull off the fins.

Karen

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
CTD2005 you said you order two of them, does that mean two units with two fans each? Next question, how do you remove the switch? (I'm not where I can look at it right now.)

I'm thinking of getting the one w/o the switch, because my DW likes to cram things in and I figure she'll end up shutting the fan off. We had one of the little blue fans in ours and the fan finally died, and DW bought replacement, but it really doesn't move much air.</SPAN>

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Copycat :)

Once again Mark, great job at the rally, but you should work on a plan so you two can eat sooner.

Next rally I'll volunteer for some "middle time" so you can eat.

Thanks Duane, we may take you up on that.

Gas20

Which one did you buy? I went on eBay and they had 3 or 4 and seem to run around $13.00 or $14.00. They were the double fan that you could use your fridge light. Thanks

CTD2005

CTD2005 you said you order two of them, does that mean two units with two fans each? Next question, how do you remove the switch? (I'm not where I can look at it right now.)

I'm thinking of getting the one w/o the switch, because my DW likes to cram things in and I figure she'll end up shutting the fan off. We had one of the little blue fans in ours and the fan finally died, and DW bought replacement, but it really doesn't move much air.

Yes I ordered two units and have them side by side. Works great. On mine all I had to do was remove the light cover and bulb then I could get to the wire on the switch to unplug it. I imagine it will depend on the light fixture in your frig. Yea we had one of those little battery fans in ours but it didn't move enough air to do anything and I found these on eBay and they seem to get good reviews so I figured I would try it. It's working great so far.