Dometic fridge fans

wdk450

I did catch most of the Dometic presentation at the Goshen rally and one of the suggestions I picked up about the refrigerators was that you should use rounded containers for food in the refrigerator wherever possible. WHY??? The rounded containers will leave more airflow spaces around the food containers than square/rectangular ones will.

CTD2005

I did catch most of the Dometic presentation at the Goshen rally and one of the suggestions I picked up about the refrigerators was that you should use rounded containers for food in the refrigerator wherever possible. WHY??? The rounded containers will leave more airflow spaces around the food containers than square/rectangular ones will.

Thanks for passing along that tip Bill.

dalspot

If you find the subtle vibration of the metal fans on the metal fins annoying - just attach come felt pads to the bottom of the housing. Quiets it down a lot.

Karen

CTD2005

The fans have held my fridge clear of ice this last week with 3 days in row over 100 degrees. Very happy so far.

porthole

Retired
Mine came today. Nicely made little package for the price - and no more pesky D-cell batteries for the blue cube (which I don't think did anything anyway).

Vtxkid

Sounds like a great idea for refrigerators that aren't performing 100%...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Has anyone installed one of these fans on their Norcold 1210 double door fridge? And if so were you able to piggy-back off of the plug for the thermistor/light ???

wino2

We have the Dometic 1350, the one with the won't cool gremlins. Since we have owned our trailer it has done this a few times it seems to be getting worse. Our refrigerator has been going as high as 47 during the day during the night, doesn't matter what the temperature is outside. So we ordered the fans Wayne installed them last Sunday. We left Wednesday afternoon for Santa Barbara. It's 70 here and the temp on the refrigerator is 43. So I guess our only solution is to take it in. Not sure what the problem is. It wasn't working right when we were in Winchester Bay, that's why we ordered the fans. Well at least we won't need the trailer until the end of September. Hopefully they can figure it out, we are still under warranty.

sgtbigb

Dan, I brought one of those fans for my RM1350 Refrigerator, I removed the light cover and the bulb, but at a loose to how to remove the lite caseing without breaking it. Is the a screw that I am not seeing so I can attached the positive wire to the postive lead?

danemayer

Dan, I brought one of those fans for my RM1350 Refrigerator, I removed the light cover and the bulb, but at a loose to how to remove the lite caseing without breaking it. Is the a screw that I am not seeing so I can attached the positive wire to the postive lead?
Gene, for the inside fans from ebay that mount on the fins, I just removed the bulb and reinserted it, trapping the contact to the fan. At some future date when I don't have a fridge full of food I plan to take a look at better wire routing and a more positive connection.

Right off hand I'm not sure how to remove the light enclosure from the side wall.

The

123camper

This is a simple install. Unplug the spade connector from the light switch, install connector on fan wire, plug onto the switch then reinstall the removed connector. Connectors are included with fan. Fans make a big difference, took our fridge temp down to 30 from 43!

123camper

Attaching the wire to the bulb will only run the fan when the light is on (when the door is open) you need it to run with the door closed, that's why you need to attach the wire to the hot side of the switch. Make sure the fridge is off before making this connection.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
OK are you folks saying even if I don't have any problems with icing on the fins, installing one or these fans will still help with cooling the fridge down?

123camper

The fans dropped the temp in our fridge down to 30 from 43. Next time I use it we have to adjust the temp controller so we don't freeze everything. Everyone here was talking about 2 fans so I ordered 2. Well they come in set of 2 so I installed both sets! I paid for them, I'm using them!