EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/25/2013 to 4/28/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Ken, Wednesday is good for me. We had a good group that wanted to participate. I have a spare set of clubs if someone needs clubs.
hogan

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ya'll have fun playing golf. We wont be down there till sometime late afternoon Thursday (with fingers crossed). Hopefully the Grey Ghost will be out of the paint shop by Tuesday so I can head down to Decatur to pick Nathan up from the Huntsville's airport Wednesday evening.

VKTalley

Well....the Traveling Talleys are sitting on the side of I-65 just north of South Blvd. (Montgomery) with a blown trailer tire. Another casualty of the cheap tires. Thankfully no trailer damage due to a delivery driver signaling us that we had a problem.

Valerie Talley

Update....spare tire on, heading on southbound.

Last edited:

hogan

Heads up to folks coming down I-65 to Gulf Shores. The Talleys have had a blowout on their Big Country. Maybe someone can lend a hand.

hogan

Speedy

Well....the Traveling Talleys are sitting on the side of I-65 just north of South Blvd. (Montgomery) with a blown trailer tire. Another casualty of the cheap tires. Thankfully no trailer damage due to a delivery driver signaling us that we had a problem.

Valerie Talley
Do you need help? We are at home (Millbrook) and can be there in ten minutes with anything you might need. Call me at 612-991-9763

VKTalley

Do you need help? We are at home (Millbrook) and can be there in ten minutes with anything you might need. Call me at 612-991-9763

Thanks for the offer of help, John. Malcolm decided after talking to our tire people to proceed on southbound.

MCTalley

Good Sam Roadside Service pulled through. Let's pray the 4 remaining tires don't act up the rest of the trip. Might take a day this week and get something sturdier put on.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Glad ya'll are OK Valerie. It's never fun with a sick camper on the side of the road.

Yea for me. Got a phone call that the Grey Ghost was ready for pick-up. Had RVs For Less verify that the paint job was done correctly and off I went to pick her up. Gosh does she look good. Will pack tomorrow and head down on Wednesday to Decatur, AL to pick Nathan up Wednesday night from the airport. We hope to be on the road to the Shores by 8 am Thursday am. Hope I don't have the problems that the Talleys had.

VKTalley

Thanks, Byrd! Drive safely!
Traveling Talleys are at Gulf State Park on site #130. Glad to be here!!!

JanAndBill

We've been here since Saturday, site 184, visiting with friends from our local Good Sams club and waiting for the others to arrive. We've met a couple of the other early arrivals. Other than the meet and greet, and the potluck dinner, are there any other group activities planned???

hogan

Jan and Bill, we are working on getting an agenda typed up and copied for all. In the meantime, here are the things I am aware of: A group of us (all invited) are going down to Sea and Suds for lunch today at 11:30A It is located about 3 blocks east of the 59 Coast hwy intersection on the beach. You have to walk between two hotels to get to it, but you can see it from the street. Wednesday morning, there is a non-official golf outing at the Gulf State park golf course. I will find out Tee times and post it. Wednesday afternoon the early birds are headed over to LuLu's for early dinner. They don't take reservations, but do like to have a warning call for big groups. We plan to arrive there at 4pm to beat the crowd. Let me know if you can go and I will add you to the head count. Hogan

JanAndBill

Uhh, we already made plans for lunch today, we have a dinner tonight and tomorrow night, after that we are clear again. When you get something together, by all means send it on. Our email address is smoke665@hughes.net our cell number is 256-490-5998.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Jan and Bill, we are working on getting an agenda typed up and copied for all. In the meantime, here are the things I am aware of: A group of us (all invited) are going down to Sea and Suds for lunch today at 11:30A It is located about 3 blocks east of the 59 Coast hwy intersection on the beach. You have to walk between two hotels to get to it, but you can see it from the street. Wednesday morning, there is a non-official golf outing at the Gulf State park golf course. I will find out Tee times and post it. Wednesday afternoon the early birds are headed over to LuLu's for early dinner. They don't take reservations, but do like to have a warning call for big groups. We plan to arrive there at 4pm to beat the crowd. Let me know if you can go and I will add you to the head count. Hogan
Our TEE times are 9:32 and 9:40. They have a driving range. Fees are $50 for regulars and $42 for Seniors. Ken (site 136)

BigDaddy

Founding Alabama Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bill and Susan Mealer are here in site 158 (BigDaddy). No golf for us - but would like to go to Lulu's Wednesday. Meet everyone there at 4pm - or is there a caravan leaving from here?

VKTalley

Welcome Bill and Susan! Susan, several of the ladies are heading out to shop while the guys golf tomorrow. We are meeting at my site (#130) at 9:30a, if you want to join us.

hogan

Bill and Susan, Glad you are here. Saw your beautiful coach arriving yesterday evening. We will caravan over to Lulu's; only about ten minutes so we will plan to form up around 3:45pm if the ladies get back from shopping. Beletti's hammer down, but safely please.

Rodbuster

Been here a couple of days and having a ball.

Played golf yesterday with a great bunch of guys. There were 8 of us which worked out great for 2 foursomes. I played with Ken H, Wayne C and Dick H. After going through some serious surgery a few months ago, Ken was hitting the ball pretty good (especially the back nine)....when we finished he mentioned he was a little tired, I'm sure he slept well last night. Wayne hit the ball a ton off the tee but struggled a little with his second shots. Towards the end of the round he was offering any one of us a dollar just to hit his second shot. One of us could have made a few bucks. Dick Hill was a pleasure to watch. A true artist on the links! Those of us that are familiar with the game know the meaning of a "shot maker". Dick took the time to show us shots that I doubt any of us have ever seen on the PGA tour......and he showed us sooooo many of these shots. Thank you Dick H, you're a good sport. As for myself, I also struggled on the front nine but improved a little on the back nine.

There is talk about playing again on Friday morning to give the late arrivers a chance to play (such as Nathan & Jim L). I'm in and Ken said he'd play also.
Post here, or let Ken or myself know.

Thank you Hogan, for "putting" a fun day together.
Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.